The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Knight Robes

BlazeTomahawk

The Jedi were Jedi KNIGHTS . Knights wear armor.

I was disappointed in the prequels when all the Jedi wore Obi wan style robes. Obi wan was in exile, In disguise. He didn't want to be recognized as a Jedi knight. Why would he be wearing traditional Jedi robes if he wants to be incognito?

I agree with this completely!

My disappointment came in Episode 1 where I saw Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in the robes as well as the entire Jedi Council...

It didn't reach the height of disappointment until the Battle of Geonosis in Episode 2 though; at this point where they could showcased all kinds of Jedi of differently, weird races (like Oppo Rancisis the Thisspiasian to name one), all kinda of lightsabers (colours and combat styles) and force powers...

Instead, we saw a 99% human (or near-human) troupe of blue/green single-bladed lightsabers all fighting a similar style. For me that was the final nail in the coffin for the prequels...

I can see the Jedi Order shifting between the robes w/armor and the robes only look depending on if they're in an at-war situation like we see here in game. As far as Obi-Wan wearing Jedi style robes while in hiding, I can see the reasoning as robes are robes in the desert, though the likely actual reason the costuming department made that choice was they were stuck between getting flack for not having a call back to Obi-Wan's iconic robes look and trying to think of how Jedi would dress when they were more common.

The Jedi used to wear armor all the time. In the movies, you rarely see them in the battlefield, where most would have been wearing armor.

However, when Lucas made his movies, it was more cost effective to put them in robes then armor.

Canon History showed them in armor alot. They just weren't armored like Troopers and BH's are in the game. There's armor out there for them. They ain't wearing skirts and frocks, like the Sages are.