So....about Vaylin....

Nihilix

Or force her to consider alternatives.

No she wasn't. Her attention was solely on Senya. It wasn't until she actively spoke to him her priorities changed.

The way she says the line about the Knights implies all six failed to stop Senya and the Outlander escaping with the Gravestone.

KOTFE - at no point while Arcann is leading does she make a move that challenges his leadership, she seems rather happy to be running around as the attack dog. Both at the time were dark sided.

I suppose the massacre of the Red Knights was a redshirt gag, but yeah, you're right here ... maybe she liked that one guard, she strangles him during Chapter 8 and releases him.

Sounds like she was being sarcastic to me. 'Yes, I know. It's going around.'

The Outlander gets stabbed three times during KOTFE/KOTET. (Granted two are in dream cycles)

In addition gets thrown into a pipe by Senya. Valkorian throws multiple trees at us, then smacks out head against the throne chair.

Lana gets sliced and thrown around like a Ragdoll while brushing it off.

Arcann takes multiple hits to bring down, even during his execution in KOTET, it takes multiple swings to finally kill him.

Hk-55 gets fried (though I suppose he's a droid and can be repaired)

Vaylin gets shot twice, and in both cases walks away from it like it was nothing. Which makes playing a non force user weird.

Scorpio's body gets fried and presumably destroyed when the ship explodes, then in KOTET she's no longer a hologram ?

It's things like the above that are making me ponder why can X character live while it works on Y character who happens to be (imo) stronger.

Vaylin doesn't seem the type to consider alternatives. Especially when it involves not killing a hated rival.

And yes she was obsessed with killing Valkorion. Even before he uses the trigger, she says "When I am done with your precious Outlander, you and mother are next" and "You caged me like an animal!" Even back in "Wrath and Ruin" her first line of dialogue with the Outlander indicates she intends to destroy Valkorion.

But that's not why she said she killed them. And I read "Yes I know. There's a lot of that going around" as acknowledging that it's overkill as discipline goes, but she doesn't care because "Only the strong get what they deserve". But in any case, her murder spree is far more pervasive than DS Outlanders. You can't immediately kill Koth for protesting bombing the Spire. You can't immediately kill Lana, Theron or Senya for asking why you left their respective countrymen behind in The Gemini Deception. You can't punish Lana for questioning any given plan you have. Vaylin does this all the time, such as when she destroyed the Gemini droid for saying their returning forces would be destroyed in Chapter 5 or when the Horizon Guard questioned the logic of fire on her own supporters in Chapter 6.

And as I also said, she was content with being Arcann's attack dog because he never really told her no. And even so, that was then, this is now. She was not willing to go back to that arrangement when he confronted her and offered it.

Again, these aren't comparable situations. There's very specific reasons these people survived the injuries in most cases. Obviously the Outlander survived being stabbed in a dream, and also because Valkorion preserved their life. Scoprio survived being destroyed because it was a ruse so she could transfer her consciousness through the Gemini Network. Lana survived being stabbed because it was always a non lethal injury.

There's also the fact that the game engine has certain limitations, ultimately you have to accept sometimes the game is trying to depict a character getting injured and sometimes it is trying to depict a character being killed, and they have a limited set of assets to use, so they will have to be some similarities in some scenes.

Edited by OldVengeance

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like all we're doing is arguing the same points over and over.

KOTET felt rushed; someone said several pages back there was some dialog that hinted Vaylin was at one point considering joining the PC, but was cut for one reason or another. If they do bring her back then, you'll hear me cheering. (Not as a Force Ghost!)

#BringbackDarthMarrtoo! :rak_03:

If this is the case then the writer for KOTET failed to convince me. They should never of had that time gap between KOTFE and KOTET. That would have been the ideal time to convince us she's beyond saving, returning old companions, new heroics and so on.

Nor should they have released multiple KOTET trailers with Senya narrating how she save her children 'at all costs from the darkness.'

They gave us false hope. :(

It didn't feel like the writer for KOTFE was the same as the one for KOTET. Did they change writers at some point?

someone said several pages back there was some dialog that hinted Vaylin was at one point considering joining the PC

Really?

Edited by SupeXnova

Vaylin would laugh at you for trying to let her face "justice" and after that try to kill you. But why is it wrong to romance Arcann and Vaylin?

OK, and if someone told me over the summer that Arcann would be saved by his mom forcing it down his throat I would have laughed my butt off.

Maybe "wrong" is the incorrect word for me to use. I, *personally*, would feel uncomfortable having either of them as a romance. Something about that rubs me the wrong way.

OK, and if someone told me over the summer that Arcann would be saved by his mom forcing it down his throat I would have laughed my butt off.

Maybe "wrong" is the incorrect word for me to use. I, *personally*, would feel uncomfortable having either of them as a romance. Something about that rubs me the wrong way.

Maybe you could teach them how to rub you the right way.

You first, mate. :D

hehe give her the wrong companion gift and she'll force choke you, while reseting her affection level to 1.

Really?

There's a link in here somewhere with dialog that implied Vaylin had the option to join you during the Voss level.

you really don't know how the Sith take their side? Remember Shiv Palpatin? He picked up the words that I would like to hear Anakin and used his weakness. And we know the weakness Vaylin and can push them.

The second point, we have just got her that for her it means that she's weaker, her Empire is no more, his goal she has achieved - her mother is dead (Dark side), SCORPIO destroyed, the most powerful being in the galaxy, God without family, only defeated you, once and for all ("you took revenge on the traitors for Vaylin"), but she need not die, need not experience persecution, as in the galaxy there is no more space for her, but she could take a seat beside your throne. "poor betrayed from early childhood, we can show her a different path, the dark side offers such opportunities and power, which many think is not natural, why limit yourself to knowledge in the use of force if you the key to her development, her freedom, her power, her madness." And it is important to say that you will not allow anyone to betray her. It's not at the same time, it is constant conversation change minds and addictive.

The third point is, mind control or the whole organism, or probably you saw in the story there is such a thing as "Emperor's children", they constantly heard his voice wherever they were, not immediately, but you will break her will. because to hear the voice in her head borders on insanity, but later puts method of control.

The fourth point, working with more with warriors, when the teacher hurts student bringing it to a state of rage, from which he is getting stronger thanks to the features of the dark side falling into rage, anger, hatred, and then sees the results of such exercises in the future.

The fifth point, the more loving Sith unlike the Jedi (I have not yet found an explanation from the point of view of biology, as two different species can have children, but cases have been), however, the character may be like Vaylin as a person, and to cause her some passion and sympathy.

The sixth point, "who are you and what do you want?". The question is, where Vaylin'll tell you what she sees herself and what she wants, we just have to guide her in the right direction, perhaps after completing her wishes. She wants power? - it gets power, limited only by you and your advice. She wants to destroy? no problem, here's the squad - fly on Tython show them your hate, at the same time on the way fly suppress the uprising in Zakuul and Denova, get revenge on your betrayers. Do you need toys? I'll give you toys.

The seventh point is to create a situation secret from her, so she had no other choice but to be on your side. And this is only part of what knowing the Lore I wrote, a lot of ways. But it's only for Froce useres (Dark), I still have not found ways with Vaylin can be controlled by the agent or bounty Hunter, may be technology. It would wish.

As my mentor say: who wants to - looking for ways, who does not want - looks for excuses. We want Vaylin - we are looking for ways, BW don't want to give us Vaylin - they find excuses.

They should have left the option in and developed it further. It would have encouraged people to replay KOTET.

About link, it's a fake. During the test, you guys got all the file additions, including the whole tree conversations and characters, there was nothing. There Vaylin ally, but it is a type of NPC that won't attack you needed for the last Chapter. See companions were only Dramath and Arcann, Dramath the last Chapter for the dark side. Vaylin was never in the companions.

Edited by UghkoffR

About link, it's a fake. During the test, you guys got all the file additions, including the whole tree conversations and characters, there was nothing. There Vaylin ally, but it is a type of NPC that won't attack you needed for the last Chapter. See companions were only Dramath and Arcann, Dramath the last Chapter for the dark side. Vaylin was never in the companions.

It's a cut line from Chapter 1: Wrath or Ruin. It was likely meant as nothing more than a witty line from Vaylin about joining them on Voss.

It's a cut line from Chapter 1: Wrath or Ruin. It was likely meant as nothing more than a witty line from Vaylin about joining them on Voss.

Yes. That moment when everyone sees only what they wants to see. I admit that such a moment could be discussed in the creation story, but... in the end we got what we got.

Edited by UghkoffR

Vaylin (as Arcann), is one of the keys to our legacy. From the moment we stepped on Korriban and today it took more than 10 years. Basically, all the species in the world of the Old Republic live from 100 to 400 years, using technologies, Force, and other ways of prolonging life. In our lifetime there will be many battles, add-ons, but soon there will come a period and for our char, when he will join the force. And here is buried the key, as our character can get in the universe of the Old Republic in more recent times (without the immortality). Children from the powerful force useres, natural copy of your character, endowed with Force. Without violating the canons will participate in later ages. Edited by UghkoffR

Vaylin (as Arcann), is one of the keys to our legacy. From the moment we stepped on Korriban and today it took more than 10 years. Basically, all the species in the world of the Old Republic live from 100 to 400 years, using technologies, Force, and other ways of prolonging life. In our lifetime there will be many battles, add-ons, but soon there will come a period and for our char, when he will join the force. And here is buried the key, as our character can get in the universe of the Old Republic in more recent times (without the immortality). Children from the powerful force useres, natural copy of your character, endowed with Force. Without violating the canons will participate in later ages.

So you want to 'shoot your load' across the galaxy like Darth Plagues? :rak_02:

What does that have to do with KOTET or acquiring Vaylin as a companion?

Vaylin (as Arcann), is one of the keys to our legacy. From the moment we stepped on Korriban and today it took more than 10 years. Basically, all the species in the world of the Old Republic live from 100 to 400 years, using technologies, Force, and other ways of prolonging life. In our lifetime there will be many battles, add-ons, but soon there will come a period and for our char, when he will join the force. And here is buried the key, as our character can get in the universe of the Old Republic in more recent times (without the immortality). Children from the powerful force useres, natural copy of your character, endowed with Force. Without violating the canons will participate in later ages.

We were stuck in an ice block for five of those years.

So you want to 'shoot your load' across the galaxy like Darth Plagues? :rak_02:

What does that have to do with KOTET or acquiring Vaylin as a companion?

1. All sith have his own secret :rolleyes: In fact, for 5 years, SWTOR has become like a reference book, to which we return with pleasure. I would not want to so it interrupted. And evolve is where the whole galaxy "not plow", how many famous stories we can participate. All the work done by the guys from BW gorgeous, easily perceived history in the Canon and in old traditions. The only thing I really don't like.... this Grind. I hate Grind.

2. What does that have to do with KOTET or acquiring Arcann as a companion?

2A. Personally, I find interesting Vaylin, BW revealed her as a character from different points of view (which was not done for Arcann). Arcann may be expanded in the future. With Senya Trall all too clear. Given that I am a Pro-Emperial player (although with great pleasure run all story), that respectively defend and protect the interests of the Empire in the first place, in KOTFE/KOTET the guys from light side got Arcann and Senya (someone can still forgive Koth), at the same time the dark side gets nothing (maybe Acina in the future). I find it a little unfair.

Given the fact that the guys from BW while not physically have time to do the content with old companions, to return Vaylin as compensation for Jessa Williams (and other )would be comparable. Is it bad when you runs uprising and daily with little dark force user? and even with the voice Natasha Loring? And if you add any features and frills for Vaylin, while idle or waiting in the queue?

Another point concerns the survey of players all about KOTFE/KOTET, a lot of people mentioned the fact that he would like for one reason or another, that Vaylin was the companion at the end (someone want romantic), and at least keep her alive, there were those who believed that all was done correctly. I came to the conclusion. what an opportunity to leave Vaylin was supposed to belong to players of their choice. And the conversations and requests began with the launch of KOTFE. Companions in SWTOR is a piece of the project, which is loved by many

Everyone should have their OWN story

Edited by UghkoffR

Why do people keep suggesting that Vaylin should only be available for crazy dark side characters?

IMO, we could have our actions influence her. If you're a good person, you'd encourage her to start healing and set a good example for her. Her eyes would slowly turn blue and the circles around them would disappear.

Why do people keep suggesting that Vaylin should only be available for crazy dark side characters?

IMO, we could have our actions influence her. If you're a good person, you'd encourage her to start healing and set a good example for her. Her eyes would slowly turn blue and the circles around them would disappear.

Agree. But ask BW - why not.

The dark side will take her for who she is. But light.... only will need to hide from the Senate. Jedi may be able to take it, but for the Republic as a whole - she is a war criminal, as Arcann too. Of course, she remains a Princess of Zakuul and the court will be another level, but in any case will be punished. if she fall into their hands

Crazy Vaylin and dark side char? ....mmmm, what is normal for the spider, chaos for the fly :csw_vader::mon_trap:

Edited by UghkoffR

I suppose if Vaylin were to travel with someone who has proven they're her better in combat, I guess she'll acknowledge them at something she can't easily dispose of.

People wanting to redeem or recruit Vaylin is a plea for it to be different and choices actually to matter. Arcann was Seyna's project (LS) Vaylin could have been the Outlanders.

I suppose if Vaylin were to travel with someone who has proven they're her better in combat, I guess she'll acknowledge them at something she can't easily dispose of.

People wanting to redeem or recruit Vaylin is a plea for it to be different and choices actually to matter. Arcann was Seyna's project (LS) Vaylin could have been the Outlanders.

That could have been a cool subplot for the next expansion. :(

I think it would have made a good plot regardless of faction or force alignment?

Heh a story where you take Vaylin and go on the run from the Alliance, Republic and Sith Empire? If that's what I have to do to get rid of Theron and Lana ... I am prepared to backstab the Alliance. :D

Edited by Paulsutherland

Heh a story where you take Vaylin and go on the run from the Alliance, Republic and Sith Empire? If that's what I have to do to get rid of Theron and Lana ... I am prepared to backstab the Alliance. :D

Senya ran off with Arcann. Let us do the same with Vaylin! :csw_destroyer:

A story about a single characters traumatic experiences and the struggle to adapt and survive to having nothing but the sympathy from the Outlander might make for an interesting plot.

Senya ran off with Arcann. Let us do the same with Vaylin! :csw_destroyer:

A story about a single characters traumatic experiences and the struggle to adapt and survive to having nothing but the sympathy from the Outlander might make for an interesting plot.

The point then was to create an Alliance? it let lost those who will stand in your way or who do not support her return and now looking for the fifth corner in a rectangular throne-room [there should be a cinematic how Vaylin as Vader goes through the conspirators, reflecting the Blaster shots of his new lightsaber presented to you, like a knife back in the butter and finished off the main instigator of trying to escape through locked doors, pierced it with the doors... then a scream of rage, which burst monitors and break down the droids... and only on your character, sitting on a throne, slightly visible smile. Then show Satel Shan, which captures the change in the force, raises his head with the phrase "it has begun... ". Then show Darth Acina,who wakes up from the night nightmare, just felt a disturbance in the force.... ]:csw_redsaber:

Edited by UghkoffR

The point then was to create an Alliance? it let lost those who will stand in your way or who do not support her return and now looking for the fifth corner in a rectangular throne-room [there should be a cinematic how Vaylin as Vader goes through the conspirators, reflecting the Blaster shots of his new lightsaber presented to you, like a knife back in the butter and finished off the main instigator of trying to escape through locked doors, pierced it with the doors... then a cry of rage, which burst monitors and break down the droids... and only on your character, sitting on a throne, slightly visible smile. Then show Satel Shan, which captures the change in the force, raises his head with the phrase "it has begun... ". Then show Darth Acina,who wakes up from the night nightmare, just felt a disturbance in the force.... ]:csw_redsaber:

Or have her flee the Alliance base into the forest to hang around with the spirit of Darth Marr. In either scenario, it needs to have some epic Rogue One inspired lightsaber action. :rak_03: