Re-introduce old Packs / Emote packs / Possibly permanantly ?

Farragoth

I love this game, but sadly the Cartel Market (CM) and its offers drags me down somewhat.

There are countless of sets of armor out there for instance, but many of them are almost impossible to obtain and complete anymore. The Chance Cubes aren't exactly encouraging; one item from all previous packs? And the chance for obtaining that one item you're looking for is somewhat depressing. I know I sound a bit like a crybaby now, but it is a bit frustrating. And the GTN isn't exactly overflowing with these old sets either.

Some time ago there was also emote packs on the CM, I didn't have the Coins to buy it at the time, and when I finally did it was gone. Now I can only buy a select few emotes, and as a Founder I kinda miss some of the old emotes I once could use that was taken away from me at the introduction of Free to Play, even though I was (and still is) a subscriber. Can't you make the emote packs permanent? Or give the subscribers the emotes that the Founder players all once had access to?

I get that the strategy with limited offers can be awarding, but in the long run it could be awarding to have some permanent offers as well, especially when the "Collections" huge archive is just growing and growing, and players just see more and more items they may never get their hands on without spending insane amounts of money or game time to obtain.

So to sum it up, here's my suggestion - Reintroduce the previous packs (at least some of their content; armor sets, companions, mounts etc) and make them permanent, and emote packs. New players come, and old players can come back, so why let them see all the stuff they've missed out on with hardly any hope of obtaining it? The chance cubes is the wrong way to go about it if you ask me.

Those old sets would be easier to find on the GTN if sales lasted more than 2 days...

I have cargo hold after cargo hold full of old sets, but relisting every 2 days isn't worth my time, even for millions of credits...

I would list for sale if we had the option of 7 day or 30 day sales, or even actual auctions...

I like to support every else you proposed, with exception of the old packs/armor sets. Maybe you can be a bit more concise on your idea there.

As far as the mostly 'unobtainable' armor sets you may be speaking of, I like the rarity. I like seeing other players wearing something I have never seen before or is rare that makes me stop and gee-gaw.

The idea has merit however, maybe once or twice per year bringing back some of those armors your speaking of via a recolor or a slight change under a different name for the armor. I may not be making sense so I'll give an example:

There is an armor that I really like that is called Jedi (something-cant recall the name of it off hand) It looks spectacular. Its older and rarer and commands an insane price on GTN, when pieces are even there. If BW makes it available again with a tweak to the look and a different name for 1000 coins, I'm all in.

The idea has merit however, maybe once or twice per year bringing back some of those armors your speaking of via a recolor or a slight change under a different name for the armor.

This is an idea I like quite a lot, and also what the other person said about extending auction timers, it would be helpful for more than just what this thread started out with.

I'd still love to get access to the old sets though, even if only once or twice per year (also remakes with tweaks as you say, I really like that idea) I'd love to improve the chances at least, through other means than these horrid Chance Cubes. And I don't mind having to pay a little extra for the older ones, I agree to some extent with the idea of rarity.

I'm after all not hell-bendt on the idea of permanent access, with the exception of Emote Packs (or at least extended emote access for subscribers, and maybe prefered players also), because that's bothering me a bit, I miss my old emotes.