Keybind Overlap

Rolodome

The "T" and "Shift + E" keybinds are set to open the chapter interface (Shift+E) and the Tutorial menu (T).

The issue is, I have keybinds already set to those, but rather than the game recognizing this and leaving them alone, it forced its T and Shift+E with 5.0 launch, so now when I go into battle I have the Tutorial and Chapter menus popping up in the middle of my rotation, in addition to my abilities going off.

The only way to fix this that I know of is to manually go into my keybinds on every single character I have, one by one, go to T and Shift+E, and re-bind them.

And I have a lot of characters. U_U

Save your key bind layout (the last tab on the right side in prefs), then on each toon you just have to apply that saved layout. Still a bother but fewer clicks.

Unless each of your toons has somewhat different layout and one file would ruin it. They you'd have to do it the hard way, I'm afraid.

That doesn't work, but thanks for the idea. I used saved keybind layout already.

I came back to this thread, in fact, to post that I just made a new character and the same issue applies. Applying a saved keybind layout doesn't overwrite the existing keybinds for T or Shift+E. I have to go in and manually reset those keys.

That doesn't work, but thanks for the idea. I used saved keybind layout already.

It does but you have to update any keybind sets that were saved prior to 5.0. Either create a new one or reuse the same name.

But yeah, their incredibly bad habit of shoving in additional keybinds is a noob level UI/UX mistake and they've been doing that since at least RotHC.

Edited by PlasmaJohn

It does but you have to update any keybind sets that were saved prior to 5.0. Either create a new one or reuse the same name.

But yeah, their incredibly bad habit of shoving in additional keybinds is a noob level UI/UX mistake and they've been doing that since at least RotHC.

Oh. Didn't think of that. That would be less of a painful solution.

Thanks.