SWTOR is constantly restarting my GPU during cutscenes or when switching locations.

Crazymanik

Hi, I'd like to report an issue which is occuring to me since I've return to SWTOR after several month absence. I've changed my GPU in the meantime, but I highly doubt that my issue is in the GPU, as SWTOR is the only game which is doing this. I am playing far more demanding games, and they are running like heaven. Like Witcher 3 or Battlefield 1 on ultra settings.

My GPU is Nvidia GTX 980, Gigabyte G1 Gaming version, to be more specific.

Driver version is - 375.95

Does anyone know some solution? It's starting to be pretty annoying.

If it was a game issue then everyone with a 980 would be having the same thing

by the sounds of it you are saying the video driver is crashing and resetting

I would check temps of both gpu and cpu , it is a misconception that battlefield 1 and witcher 3 are more demanding .... swtor makes a good stress test and any failings in cooling will come to light.

not saying this is your issue but it needs to be checked

Run a game repair and try a clean install of the video driver if temps are ok

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

If it was a game issue then everyone with a 980 would be having the same thing

by the sounds of it you are saying the video driver is crashing and resetting

I would check temps of both gpu and cpu , it is a misconception that battlefield 1 and witcher 3 are more demanding .... swtor makes a good stress test and any failings in cooling will come to light.

not saying this is your issue but it needs to be checked

Run a game repair and try a clean install of the video driver if temps are ok

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Thank you for your feedback. Temps are okay, and I have already done a clean driver installation. Even trough DDU. But I can try Game Repair.

And yes... you are correct. My driver is crashing and resetting. Sorry.. I have explained myself wrong.

Here is the log from the windows reliability monitor. It is however in Czech, as I am from the Czech Republic. But I will happily translate anything you'll need.

Název události problému: LiveKernelEvent

Kód: 117

Parametr 1: ffffa08c0c1ef010

Parametr 2: fffff8020133d60c

Parametr 3: 0

Parametr 4: 3600

Verze operačního systému: 10_0_14393

Aktualizace Service Pack: 0_0

Produkt: 768_1

Verze operačního systému: 10.0.14393.2.0.0.768.101

ID národního prostředí: 1029

I have also started a GPU-Z Monitoring as I am playing... and GPU is stuck at around 30% workload. So it's almost not doing anything.

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/16/11/27/bm2.png

This link is the Microsoft take on the error reported

Have you tried an older video driver and placed the driver into debug mode ?

Install this directx redist again too

Thank you. I have tried to rollback to older video driver, but the issue is still the same. But to be honest, I have not put the driver into debug mode.

I am not sure, if this is a HW issue. Could it be the power supply? I have tried to benchmark the GPU and CPU, and this issue did not happened. And GPU was under 100% workload.

It appears that debug mode helped. Is there any way how to set him permanently? Because I have to turn it on after I shut down the PC.

If debug mode has helped the issue, it is likely related to the overclock on the video card , I would go to the card manufacturer and see if a new firmware is available in the first instance.

I can be reached at EA Answers HQ if I lose sight of here as I dont normally track the bug report forum

Debug mode essentially just returns the card to Nvidia stock reference speeds so it is at the clock frequency that nvidia intended.

Edited by OwenBrooks