The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just Spinning Our Wheels?

Wraithe_Oza

I have to know, and I'm being honest with no amount of snark or troll at all, do the things get noticed and implemented on a regular basis from the guys running the show? Have there been some really great ideas made into reality? Do we get feed back from staff here?

I'm real curious, I just resubbed a few weeks back from a multi-year hiatus and I have tons of questions about many things. This be just one.

As far as a cartel market suggestion, I'll put one in; Let me buy a GTN pack that will allow me some way to do a reboxing of 5 or 6 loose complete armor sets to sell on the market. It is not real difficult to sell loose sets, but boxed sets are nicer, as I'm sure most will agree. It might be nice to have a way to repackage sets once and awhile for convenience.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, but there it is.

=D

One of the folks who went to the New York City meetup said that one of the staff members admitted that they're ignoring the forums.

Take that in whatever way you decide.

Seems pretty obvious this is BS though. They sometimes address "community topics" in the livestream and it's pretty apparent that some of those have been topics that were blowing up on the forums.

Saying they don't post much (which is obvious) or that they read selectively would have been much more believable.

Unless this is one of those pronoun mishaps and you're meaning to say that a specific staff member admitted that he or she ignores the forums.

They do add ideas people have suggested. People asked for legacy datacrons, they added it.

Someone asked they add random mount/pet generator, it was added and you can set favorites so it's only the ones you want.

These are a few examples but they do listen from what I can tell. As far as ignore the forums, could mean they don't bother to reply which is true but doesn't mean they don't read or implement ideas that have been submitted.

Edited by Nightblazer

1) There are a billion ideas posted on the forum.

2) The vast majority of them are rubbish.

3) Developer resources are finite and even if they decided to implement every single player idea, it would take them decades to do it all.

So just because there's a place to post suggestions on the forum, they're under no obligation to implement them.

To think otherwise is foolish.

Thanks for the reads and replies, so, what did you guys think of my idea by chance? stinks? awesome?

Sorry, got distracted by the meta-discussion.

I don't think it's a bad idea at first glance.

I would add: Make it so that the direct-purchase cartel sets give you a box, rather than 5-7 loose pieces. That way if you're wanting to sell, it's more straightforward.

Edit: Or better yet, mix the two ideas together. Implement your idea and then when you buy a direct-purchase cartel armor set, have it come with a complimentary Box-Up item token, in case you want to sell.

Edited by Rolodome