Cartel Coin Grant

ShiningPolaris

So this is a bug?

Not exactly a bug (you *do* get them), just a flaky timer that sometimes runs late. (At one time, the 30 days between grants ran from the date of the previous grant, and with +0..3 days added on, that meant you could easily find yourself getting your grants every 33 days instead, meaning roughly one less per year than you were supposed to get. But I think they fixed that.)

And the Security Key grant is separate.

What about Referral CC rewards?

A friend of mine is already subscribed and used my referral link.

So why doesn't count as an active referral?

And do I get the CC along with my monthly grant or the same day as they subbed?

Referral rewards (the initial ones) happen, in my experience, at some time. (None of the 100+ people who've clicked mine are people I'll ever meet, except by accident, so I have no idea how that works.)

I sent a ticket to the Customer Service and this is what they said:

I am Dominique from BioWare Star Wars: The Old Republic Support Team.

I've t aken a look at your cartel coin grants and can see you received the last security key coins (100) at the 21st of October. Given that, your next batch will likely arrive around the 21st of November.

The security key coins are not synced with the subscription and have their own timer.

It's always 30 days after the previous grant.

So nothing is missed, you just have to wait another week :)

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Have fun playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and a nice week!

Best Regards,

Dominique

Star Wars: The Old Republic Support Team

I get that I get 100 CC's every month (In my case 21st of the month) for my security key.

But why did't I get my Subscription CC's on the 14th? Isn't it supposed to be a separate grant?

I sent a ticket to the Customer Service and this is what they said:

I am Dominique from BioWare Star Wars: The Old Republic Support Team.

I've t aken a look at your cartel coin grants and can see you received the last security key coins (100) at the 21st of October. Given that, your next batch will likely arrive around the 21st of November.

The security key coins are not synced with the subscription and have their own timer.

It's always 30 days after the previous grant.

So nothing is missed, you just have to wait another week :)

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if there is anything further we can help you with.

Have fun playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and a nice week!

Best Regards,

Dominique

Star Wars: The Old Republic Support Team

I get that I get 100 CC's every month (In my case 21st of the month) for my security key.

But why did't I get my Subscription CC's on the 14th? Isn't it supposed to be a separate grant?

Well based on that response, it sounds like you files a ticket about your key grant.

The monthly subscriber grant can sometimes be delayed by as much as three days. So you may need to just wait a couple more days. And if it still doesn't come, file a new ticket, and make sure you say you are missing your monthly subscriber grant. Or maybe just email them back and explain that you are not concerned about your key grant, but your monthly subscriber grant, which you should have gotten the 14th.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

which you should have gotten the 14th.

Specifics are a plus. This happened to me once and I had them within 30 minutes. I was polite, gave specific dates, etc.

First level support can resolve this for you if you don;t make them go looking for details.

Question again

So I am subbed, have a security key, and some subbed friends who used my referral so meaning I'll be getting:

500 CC for my monthly Sub grant

100 CC for the Security Key

500 CC for those who used my referral

100 CC for those referrals that are subbed.

Is this right?

500 CC for those who used my referral

100 CC for those referrals that are subbed.

500 CC once per user.

100 CC each month per user who remains subscribed.

And the subscriber grant is more than 500 per month if you buy more than 30 days at a time:

* 500 for 30-day autorenewal

* 525 for 60-day time card / explicit purchase

* 550 for 90-day autorenewal

* 600 for 180-day autorenewal

The benefits for using a referral link are quite good.

New players can play free up to Level 50 with no time limit and also receive the Jumpstart Bundle with boosts and items for faster leveling.

Jumpstart Bundle includes:

1x Quick Travel Pass

5x Minor XP Boost

1x Inventory Module

Previous Subscribers enjoy seven days of subscription level access with unlimited access to missions and features up to Level 50 plus the following:

Preferred Friends Bundle includes:

Unlock: Inventory Module

Unlock: Crew Skill Slot

Customization Control: Display Titles

Customization Control: Unify Colors

One Complimentary Character Transfer for the lifetime of the account.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Yeah, I know. I meant in this one. On one of them I even thanked him for letting me use the Report Post button...

Got 2 more going now.

Pity they don't upgrade the forums to v4 at least. v4 introduced the filters and could have restricted that...

But he is already subbed what gives?

Just a fyi, posting twice like that is not a good idea. Most forums frown on stuff like that.

You're probably not getting an answer since none of us are able to tell you. We don't have access to any of the records to this game.

Best bet would be to open an in game ticket and ask. You may want to give some more details besides "What gives?" though.

Just a fyi, posting twice like that is not a good idea. Most forums frown on stuff like that.

You're probably not getting an answer since none of us are able to tell you. We don't have access to any of the records to this game.

Best bet would be to open an in game ticket and ask. You may want to give some more details besides "What gives?" though.

Noted. And okay, I'll send a ticket

They replied to my ticket and said:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with regards to the refer a link that was used by your friends but has not applied the Cartel Coins, I am sorry to hear about this issue. I have looked over our logs and it appears there was a grant of 600 Cartel Coins on the 11/5/16 for a buddy trial which is from a refer a friend link being used.

In order to ensure the link is correctly used by your friends please make sure they follow these steps exactly:

1. First make sure the friend you're trying to refer (or the browser they're using) is not logged on to any SWTOR account at the time.

2. Provide your friend with your own referral URL taken from https://account.swtor.com/user/refer

3. After your friend clicks on the referral URL, they will be taken to an account creation page. Make sure they enable the "Sign up for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ email updates." checkbox at this point.

4. After the sign up page, they will be sent an email to the address they entered.

5. After clicking on the "clicking here" link in the email message, they will be asked to confirm the email address and to create a password for their account.

6. After creating the password the website should automatically log them in to their newly created account, and display the following message:

Congratulations, you've been successfully invited to play Star Wars: The Old Republic by ShiningPolaris. Jump in now and expedite your adventures with a complimentary Jumpstart Bundle, an exclusive gift waiting for you in your in-game mail!

Only when the friend sees the above message, then the account is successfully referred. At this point you can go to https://account.swtor.com/user/refer on your own account, where you should see your referred friend in the "Rewards Tracker" where it will display their subscription status.

And turns out my friend un-subbed before we got the CC. Oh well.