The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Courting Gift Drop, REALLY? C'mon.

So, I get some CC for my birthday and thought what the hey, I'll actually open a crate. Courting gifts? I just PAID REAL MONEY FOR COURTING GIFTS? They are BROKEN! What a joke! I think I deserve a refund for that courting gift. Yes, I know you get junk from those because god forbid BW would want to give paying customers anything nice, but a COURTING GIFT? That's gotta be the biggest FU in history right there man.

Really? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=842654&page=3

They don't work for my companions. You know what I take that back...Vette maybe gets 100 at like lvl 3 from my female jedi. Ya know...cause they gotta secret thang going on behind Theron's back..not maybe he joins in. I dunno. Pretty sure they were broken when they switched from affection/influence. Dulfy mentions some dude named Niko being one if the only ones to accept due to the bug being on old companions or some stuff. I don't know who Niko is and I dont have him

Really? http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=842654&page=3

They don't work for my companions. You know what I take that back...Vette maybe gets 100 at like lvl 3 from my female jedi. Ya know...cause they gotta secret thang going on behind Theron's back..not maybe he joins in. I dunno. Pretty sure they were broken when they switched from affection/influence. Dulfy mentions some dude named Niko being one if the only ones to accept due to the bug being on old companions or some stuff. I don't know who Niko is and I dont have him

Doc, Vette, Malavai Quinn, M1-4X, Nico Okarr, Kira, Talos Drellik, ... The list is long. And yes, M1-4X *does* gain Influence from Courting gifts.

The broken part is that they no longer recognise the romance flags, but some companions gain *some* influence from them anyway.

And yes, they "broke" when 4.0 came out last year.

Doc, Vette, Malavai Quinn, M1-4X, Nico Okarr, Kira, Talos Drellik, ... The list is long. And yes, M1-4X *does* gain Influence from Courting gifts.

The broken part is that they no longer recognise the romance flags, but some companions gain *some* influence from them anyway.

And yes, they "broke" when 4.0 came out last year.

Are the gains max influence ie are they favourites for any of these? as while they might still gain influence from them a rank 5 gift if its not favourite it's still a bit of a waste.

Are the gains max influence ie are they favourites for any of these? as while they might still gain influence from them a rank 5 gift if its not favourite it's still a bit of a waste.

No, they are just what (before 4.0) they were without romance.

And no, it isn't ideal, but I'm just tired of people talking about them as if no companion gets anything from them.

Hmm. Maybe broken for me then. I've not tried Quinn but when hovering my mouse over the gift is shows no affection. I'll bring back Doc to check it with him. Kira is a no with it but I have a female jedi. The only two people that I have ever found anything more than no influence is Vette (with my female jedi!) and maybe my junk loving Blizz.

99% I tried it with every companion post kotfe and only Vette (maybe Blizz) liked it. And the influence was super low for level 5. Like on the scale of a level 1 or 2 green item. I will test on kira later today and I'll bring back Doc and test on him. I don't have any of the others so I wasn't aware it worked on them.

Um new xpac drops in like 2 wks. Content is coming.
Yea, and with a main focus on CM, from which we will finally be able to buy boosts to gear quickly with CCs very soon, not to mention more 'shiny' looks to show one another off.

Sorry if I have been annoying, but gameplay content should be the focus of devs. It is not, because they are earning much more money from the store than they would have from subs by developing gameplay content. And, dont get me wrong, but it is because of all those people who spend hundreds of dollars to CCs each month.

Things will get worse if this continues.

Even now, there are major bugs that haven't been addressed for years. Courting gifts bug is just one of them. There is even a class-balance breaking bugs they haven't addressed since 3.0.

Many people want ops, but they haven't come since 3.0., pve guilds are disbanded.

Most servers are dead with people stuck in them, and nothing is done about them.

etc. etc.

Edited by fatsi

• 2 weeks later...
So what you're saying is no one is allowed to report bugs or make suggestions until you get what you want first? Well I don't care about elitest ops groups (group content comes in Jan with master mode and uprisings btw. They will be working on pvp and ops stuff between expacs according to livestream) I moved servers and they'll be doing another transfer sale so they're helping to address the problem. I'm in A FREAKING HUGE guild so if all guilds are disbanding then it's due to poor leadership, lack of trying, or its full of whingers. My bastion guilds reformed on harbinger durine dvl xp bonus time. See smart leadership. ;)