The experience of the story

valeriysoldatov

We are in a double xp event, so all xp from everything you do is doubled. There is no way to shut this off.

Even without the double xp event, level sync will throttle your stats a bit to match the "max level" for whatever planet you're on, but the actual xp gains will be boosted to be appropriate for your actual character level. Again, there is no way to turn this off.

Biggest thing you can do to slow your xp gain right now is only do your Class Story missions, and ignore everything else (companion conversations, heroic missions, flashpoints, PvP, GSF, etc.). Don't kill anything you don't have to kill. Don't use any lore items (little signpost or whatever that give you lore entries for your codex). Don't explore any areas that your class story doesn't require you to travel to.

Of course, you won't want to unlock any xp boosts in your Legacy, or use any of the xp boost items you get as you progress through the story.

If you're really concerned about getting too much xp, you could let your subscription lapse, as non-subscribers have reduced xp gain after level 20. (I think it's 25% less). But that will place a bunch of other restrictions on you as well. And it will mess up your eligibility for various promo rewards for KotET (and possibly later ones, depending on how long you stay unsubbed).

• 1 month later...

Yes, basically, you can't play any of the game if you want your level to remain on par with the planet. I did the sidequests and avoided fights as much as possible, and I still wound up overleveled eventually. I think I remained reasonably in range until after Taris. It's the flashpoints that put me over. But avoiding fights just feels wrong.

The whole purpose of the egregious XP is so veterans don't have to do the sidequests, but if you're new, you want to do them. This gives the newbs the shaft. The level shifting doesn't do enough, and the OP companions are the nail in the coffin for any kind of challenge.

There used to be an item called the White Acute Module, which let you opt-out of the ridiculous XP by applying a debuff for 8 hours, but it was removed, unfortunately. Why they would remove something like that, we'll never know. They should bring it back.

Edited by Tofu_Shark