The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bound Items

Yurnerocit

Hi again,

I need another help guys. This time about the items that you gained from bundle drops.

Last night I opened this Gemini pack as it has a high discount, but saw that the armor sets I have claimed directly bound to my character. That was quite unfortunate for me as my character is a consular and the armor set I gained seems to be look much more better on a soldier or on a rogue rather than on a Jedi.

What my question is did I miss something while claiming these items? Is there any way to make these items "not-bound" to the character while claiming? Grand chance cubes have a timer which says they are going to be unbound after XXX hours, but haven't seen any sort of message under these armor sets.

As you might guess, I'm quite new in the game but that's not the first cartel market pack I have opened. And I definitely remember that I have put to sale an armor set from the previous bundle I have opened to GTN as it also didn't look fit to my Jedi. Thus, I'm a little bit confused now.

Edited by Yurnerocit

All cartel items have a bind timer on them.

You can see it by mousing over the item.

It's 36 hours for subscribers, 3 days for non-subs.

Once the timer expires, the item will become un-bound.

The timer begins when you remove the item from your stash.

...unless you equip it.

The notable exception to this is items acquired from the DvL event.

They are permanently bound to the character that claims them.

Edited by Rankyn

Hmm.. As I said, I do remember a countdown just below those grand chance cubes when I hover my cursor on them. But, I don't remember seeing that counter below armor sets icons. Maybe a minor bug happened, I don't know.

Anyway, I will try to put these armor sets to GTN at the same time my grand chance cubes are eligible to be sold.

Thank you for your reply.

(I didn't equip them)

Edited by Yurnerocit