Bounty Hunter and Trooper Changes

EricMusco

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! Not the Flamethrower!!!!! What is my pyrotech going to do now :(

They're removing "Flame Thrower", the channeled 3s ability. Your pyrotech will still use his flamethrower with all the other abilities, most likely including the new instant Searing Wave.

For Mercs, "Flame Thrower" is the only ability that actually uses the flamethrower, so they lose it completely (outside the occasional cutscene.) Not that there was any reason besides RP to actually use the ability.

The main theme of the 5.0 changes is to A) remove all channeled abilities from melee classes, and B) remove all those Base Class abilities that tell everyone you're a newb if you use them on the wrong advanced class.

Edited by Mubrak

could we please please please address some issues with the heat system for Innovative Ordnance mercenaries, it is difficult to manage heat in that spec, especially compared to arsenal and that's why almost every single mercenary is arsenal

what I ask is that incendiary missile and serrated shot no longer cost heat, this two abilities do less damage than that of rapid shots so there is no need to worry about spamming however these are frequently used to apply the DOTs and it cost 30 heat to apply them each time

They're removing "Flame Thrower", the channeled 3s ability. Your pyrotech will still use his flamethrower with all the other abilities, most likely including the new instant Searing Wave.

Yeah but it was my favourite ability, probably the reason I love my pyro so much :p

I hope we at least keep the legacy one...

For Mercs, "Flame Thrower" is the only ability that actually uses the flamethrower, so they lose it completely (outside the occasional cutscene.) Not that there was any reason besides RP to actually use the ability.

I would have been fine if they only took it away from mercs. Like you said they never really use it (maybe just for fun sometimes),but powertech auctually did.

Yeah but it was my favourite ability, probably the reason I love my pyro so much :p

I hope we at least keep the legacy one...

I would have been fine if they only took it away from mercs. Like you said they never really use it (maybe just for fun sometimes),but powertech auctually did.

They are REPLACING it. REPLACING. With INSTANT version which I'll bet my *** will use the same animation. To get your pyro more mobile.

Gof****ingdamnit

Commando

One of the things that has long been requested by players of the Commando class is a better way to survive attacks from their enemies. In Knights of the Eternal Throne, we have given Commandos several new toys to help keep them alive, while also polishing the class a bit to help differentiate it from the Vanguard. Here are some of the changes we have made:

• Echoing Deterrence: New ability exclusive to Commandoes which absorbs all single target damage, reflects 50% of it, and heals you for 5% of your health each time an attack is absorbed.

Each Advanced Class is receiving a new suite of Legendary Utilities, here are the Commando’s:

• Trauma Stabilizers: While Reactive Shield is active, you generate a stack of Trauma Stabilizers each time you receive direct damage. Stacks up to 15 times. When Reactive Shield expires, each stack of Trauma Stabilizers instantly heals you for 5% of your maximum health.

First, let me say thank you for the new defense skill Echoing Deterrence. After 5 years it was time and you, the devs, finally did it.

I would prefer a longer lasting skill, like 8 seconds, then without the healing part or with a higher cd, but ok. I think it will do a great job even if it's last only 6 seconds.

A little different view on the:

Trauma stabilizer, it is as a presumable tier 4 point utility, maybe iam wrong, but from a solo regular and solo ranked point of view, it doubt that it will be worth the point. Perhaps that is what the devs to intend with, but if not, so let me shortly explain what i mean.

I think in practice it will good only work in certain sitiuations, with a healer / tank on your side, from a solo player view, in regular and ranked, it will often be useless.

More direct damage - more this utility is really needed, getting a higher probability that this skill will be less useful. You hardly will survive 15 direct hits.

For a tier 4 point, i assume, as is intended as a unviversal tool for commandos to give them better chances of survival in addition to the new defense skill, this utility is subpar.

Plz reconsider and make the healing instantly every time with the direct damage or at least higher the healing per stack and reduce max. stacks, example: max. 5 stacks with 15% per stack.

Sadly you did not adress the second problem, especially the healer spec have, vulnerability to be interrupted.

Did you consider this as you build the new tier 4 utility tree?

"Rumors" say that "supercharged defense" (immune to interrupt under supercharged cell) is at 5.0 at tier 4 (today tier 2).

If you have not adressed this, especially the healer spec problem, the healer will again fail to compete with the sage and scoundrel, no matter that he can now survive longer through better defense skills.

Instead of the "5% more healing for ability x" passive, which is only a filler, give him something to compensate the permanent shutdown for the healer spec against melee's.

Why not something like, only as a example: "being interrupted grants you x, making you next ability with a casting time, activate instantly, effect can only occur every 8 seconds".

I mean you give the sage healer with 5.0 more and more (!) and forget that the sage is already best and in addition you nerf the commando pvp healer as the already worst pvp healer. Don'' get it.

Edited by DomBah

Is Translocate actually going to be changed to being an actual useful tool to use. 1.5 seconds makes the whole thing useless. By the time it is cast either the person in trouble has either gotten themselves out of trouble or they are dead which makes the whole thing basically useless. If you aren't going to change it you might as well remove it as I have never used it while tanking in ops/FP's for the previous reason stated. Edited by GolgoXIII

Is Translocate actually going to be changed to being an actual useful tool to use. 1.5 seconds makes the whole thing useless. By the time it is cast either the person in trouble has either gotten themselves out of trouble or they are dead which makes the whole thing basically useless. If you aren't going to change it you might as well remove it as I have never used it while tanking in ops/FP's for the previous reason stated.

probably not, i've been whining about it since day 1 of 4.0, they never cared to reply to any of the concerns.

My release day PT - who is inactive since chapter 6 - will most likely have a very long vacation.

First you took orbital strike from my agent and now I'll be stripped of my flamethrower soon too. Shame on you Bioware!

but i get to keep my ability to switch gas cylinders right? and i can still uppercut people with my merc? switching gas cylinders was crucial to my solo strategy in PvE with my merc healer. i would appreciate it, if you didnt take away my ability to choose.

but i get to keep my ability to switch gas cylinders right? and i can still uppercut people with my merc? switching gas cylinders was crucial to my solo strategy in PvE with my merc healer. i would appreciate it, if you didnt take away my ability to choose.

Seems line they keep the cylinders as they are, at least for now. I have a bad feeling about this when I look at the Assa/Shadow tanks and their stances (which will become passives afaik).

stances and cylinders need to remain selectable. they had better not destroy the whole idea of my jedi guardian hybrid off tank. i enjoy switching stances because it allows me more player freedom and maneuverability in solo and casual flashpoints. some times i need to off tank so that 4 dps in a casual FP can get through the boss battles.

well the guys/girls asking about they cylinders/stances they no longer exist when Kotet is released as the stance/cylinder is associated with the actual spec you are so an arsenal merc will have high velocity gas cylinder as a passive buff and that is it, no switching. A Healer Merc will have the combat support cylinder and the IO will have combustible gas cylinder. No switching nothing each of the cylinders that are used for those particular specs are all passive abilities that the class spec provides when you pick it.

The same goes for any other class that has stances/cylinders or forms. whatever is "supposed" to be used for that particular build is a passive buff and there is no switching without switching the build.

Edited by GolgoXIII

Trauma Regulators: While Energy Shield is active, you generate a stack of Trauma Regulators each time you receive direct damage. Stacks up to 15 times. When Energy Shield expires, each stack of Trauma regulators instantly heals you for 5% of your maximum health.

That could be great if Bioware could replace "Shield Cannon" utility point by "Trauma Regulators" for Powertech/Vanguard

Edited by La_Frite

All these changes... I really don't care.

Without Mako my bounty hunter has become completely unstable. Thanks to her influence he had been neutral/light side. Now his anger has driven him to be full dark.

BTW he blames the unseen universal presence (devs) since it was their decision to leave him in the dark as to his loves fate.

Nothing past chapter 9 would have happened. Period.

MY BOUNTY HUNTER WOULD HAVE FOUND MAKO.

Edited by TheSkate

All these changes... I really don't care.

Without Mako my bounty hunter has become completely unstable. Thanks to her influence he had been neutral/light side. Now his anger has driven him to be full dark.

BTW he blames the unseen universal presence (devs) since it was their decision to leave him in the dark as to his loves fate.

Nothing past chapter 9 would have happened. Period.

MY BOUNTY HUNTER WOULD HAVE FOUND MAKO.

well then, at least now azaduur can mentally prepare himself for the devastating loss of his wife. but then again...this means hes single again!

So PT dont have an oh crap button and has the same damage potential as a arsenal merc. Im curious why not give powertech the same dcd love. Oh that right cause it would be overfxxxingpowered Edited by Kinsal

I honestly couldn't care less about FT removal as skill - there's still plenty of its usage as weapon in pyro tree, and Searing Wave looks kinda cool. What I will miss, however, is Pulse Cannon. It was awesome to fry somebody's face with it. Or shoot it at holoterminal after speaking with Garza.

Oh, and congrats to powertechs on their new portable refrigerator. Very useful thing to have :rak_09:

(Insert Sarcasm Here) Totally awesome that Oil Slick / Riot Gas have had their effectiveness cut in half...It's just great that PT/Van Tanks are just about rendered useless now for any HM/Veteran or harder PvE content in the game...:D