The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Item Stash Recycler

I opened a suggestion months ago about a way to recicle pack items in an attempt to get more items but it was disapproved by people since it would inlfate GTN prices due to people getting thrash items to make the recicle.

So I studied my idea and as soon as Item Stash was introduced I hitted the jackpot. So I present this remake of my idea which still pretends to help Cartel Market pack buyers another chance to get better items from those they seriously won't even use or bother to sell.

So, it goes like this:

On the Item Stash window; You get a personal CM inventory where everything you get from your packs awaits to be transfered to the legacy character of your choice.

You can't directly add items to the stash only those you get from packs can be added to the stash and it has a limit of items so active pack buyers must release space often.

So instead of just being able to transfer items to the character inventory I want to suggest that another option is added to it. Which would move to a window where you get to throw a group of 3 or more items you don't want from your stash (Excluding companion gifts, Certs [For old packs] and Peddler Items) For them to be exchanged for a random Cartel Market item from all avalible packs which rarity matches or is affected by the rarity and quantity of the items you threw away.

Cartel Stuff is divided by rarity which stands for bronze, silver, gold and platinum rarities.

AND I KNOW! Some people would be mad if your Senya Pikes or your Vented Sabers are dumped here for a bronze model pet in exchange. So here's a larger explanation of how the game should know what item give you in exchange.

The game should give you the new item based on the rarity and quantity of items you are to recycle.

The window should ask you to throw at least 3 items of the same rarity into it for it to work. exchanged item should always match the rarity of the 3 items you thrown into it.

EXAMPLE:

I throw my 2 extra Bronze speeders as well as that Bronze pet I already have. Since I recycled bronze items the item I get should be bronze as well. I can get either a bronze decoration, a bronze piece of an armor set, a bronze vehicle, pet, etc.

ALSO! If you decide to add more than 3 items you should start to get a chance to roll for getting an item of the next avalible rarity. The odds of this happening should increase with the more items you deposit.

EXAMPLE:

I have 3 extra "Classic Vibroswords" (Silver Rarity) on my stash so I use this system to recycle them; Since I recycled silver items the item I get should be silver as well. But OH! I decided to drop some extra pieces of my silver rarity "Ambitious Warrior" armor set. Instead of 3 items I dropped 5. Now I should have my silver item assured with a maybe 5% chance that instead of the silver item I get a Gold item in exchange. This odds to get a higher rarity item increase the more items I drop so if I instead of 5 drop 7 items, instead of a 5% I may have a 9 or 10% chance to get a Gold item.

FAQ:

Q: What if I drop more than 3 platinum items? It would be a waste since there's no higher rarity.

A: You shouldn't be allowed to drop more than 3 items during a platinum rarity exchange for this obvious reason.

Q: Should this process have any cost aside from the thrashed Cartel Items?

A: I'm not mentioning anything about it, but if something like this gets implemented in game. The Devs might consider adding a cost in credits or CC in order to moderate the use of this system or to get an extra cash for its use. So it might be possible that we see a cost for using this feature but getting subscriber discounts are as well possible.

Q: I dropped 3 Silver items to secure a Silver item in exchange; what if I throw lower/higher rarity extra items as well?

A: Since a more logical way to get higher rarity items is to use 3 items of higher rarity for the initial requirements (in this case 3 golds instead of silvers) Every extra item thrown to the mix should increase the odds of getting a higher rarity item acording to the rarity of the items dropped. For example: I have my silver rarity secured, I want to aim for a gold item but I just have 1 gold and 1 bronze item remaining on my stash. If you throw them to the mix the Bronze item should increase the odds for getting a higher rarity item by a small percentage (lets say 5%) while the gold item can add a greater chance than the bronze item (and silver if it exists; Maybe 15% for golds so silvers can be 10%) And then with both you can have a decent odd of getting a gold item instead (B5% + G15% = 20% Chance of Gold Item).

Q: What if I'm a noob player I don't know what the hell I'm doing and I just dumped my cartel items without knowing.

A: A confirmation window should be added as a warning that dropped items will be eliminated from your stash and they can't be recovered once the process starts. So that you are aware of what you are about to do by accepting the window.

And that's it.

I hope this suggestion helps.

Edited by Saito_Hiraga

This is an intriguing idea. Given the fact that I have 4 duplicates of the exact same color crystal that I already have unlocked in collections, thanks to DvL reward pack items being bound, I would be thrilled to get rid of some of them for a chance at something else.

• 2 weeks later...
This is an intriguing idea. Given the fact that I have 4 duplicates of the exact same color crystal that I already have unlocked in collections, thanks to DvL reward pack items being bound, I would be thrilled to get rid of some of them for a chance at something else.

I'm a Cartel Collector and yeah I do have that issues a lot. Since I've already collected and unlocked most items and armor the DvL packs have also given me a lot of stuff I already had and its no use to me since I can't even sell it.

• 2 weeks later...