The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Market Packs

I have a gripe about the Cartel Market Packs. I don't do this very often but I will drop $99 for coins as well as my sub. Then I'll get a 26 pack of which ever pack I choose. Then sit there and open them and also any chance cubes I acquire. After doing this a few times. I will NEVER spend money to get these packs again. What a complete and total POS. This isn't just the first pack I've purchased. I have done a few over time and the result has been about the same.

Granted I have gotten something really good. Maybe a complete armor set that I like or a pet to follow me around. Other than that.. What the F are with the pink friggin crystals. Holy crap.. I have enough so many pink crystals even Barbie would be saying "Oh dear lord". Weapons. I have more weapons than an army base that I can do absolutely crap all with. I can't sell them cause I see other people are flooding the market with these POS items so I just delete them. Same goes with those crystals. Armor sets are OK. if I do not like the look, I'll ask people in my guild if they want it or I sell it. But seriously. What the F are with the 6 Upper, Lower, or Supplemental armor of the same type. It's like the server picks one of the 3 types and that all I get. What about the individual armor pieces... Just like with the weapons, I've just been deleting them cause 1 item out of 7 to complete a set and I get 3-4 of the same exact item. Also to mention the 4-5 of the exact same speeder. 2-3 emotes of the same type.

So basically I have pissed away money purchasing packs to get absolute crap-all but deleting crap that is of zero use. Definately will not be getting any more packs since it's just a waste of money.

Edited by xa_judicator

You *can't* sell those things? Or you *won't* list them at a price that sells?

But I'm with you, a bit, on the pink crystals. (I have a Smuggler who uses pink stuff, pink dyes on armour, Aratech Rose (pink) speeder, pink crystals in blasters, etc., although at the moment she has squeezed her BT4 body into an RV-03 Speedsuit dyed black/black.)

In the end, though, it's all a question of finding a way to get rid of things. Got multiple copies of part of a set? Sell the excess and buy one of the missing parts. Got weapons you don't like? List them for half the lowest GTN price. Someone will (maybe) buy them (perhaps someone who thinks he can re-sell them for more - why would you care *why* someone buys the item?). If not, list them again for a quarter of the lowest price.

List only one at a time.

Overall, you should be seeking to get *some* credits for the items. No CM-pack item has any inherent value, so the GTN price is determined strictly by the normal rules of supply and demand.

As for the unevenness of what you get, well, that's to be expected. Random variables are, well, random, but "random" is not a synonym for "uniform distribution", especially over small samples like, say, 26 packs.

Doesn't do any good to sell any of this useless crap. I have stuff sitting in Legacy bank that has been there for months because the scrap wont sell. No one wants it but it seems to be the stuff the server is going to give you. Yes I check the CM. Yes I look to see how many of what items are selling and what they sell for. I've even put stuff up for far less than the lowest asking price just for the sole purpose of getting rid of it. The crap doesn't sell.

So I am left with the only alternative. Delete the crap and never waste money on the useless packs that give you nothing but junk any way.

I also opened 26 packs and got 2 golds with the rest just junk. Yet to open cubes but this is pathetic.

All I see is a gaming company that is just strangling it's user base.

Keep strangling bioware and you will kill off your buyers.

I will not be buying any more packs. What happened bioware, when the cartel packs came out they were good. There was some good stuff. The balance was good.

I also opened 26 packs and got 2 golds with the rest just junk. Yet to open cubes but this is pathetic.

All I see is a gaming company that is just strangling it's user base.

Keep strangling bioware and you will kill off your buyers.

I will not be buying any more packs. What happened bioware, when the cartel packs came out they were good. There was some good stuff. The balance was good.

Sadly, I have a feeling some of them are sitting there in the office, going, "Jesus EA, are you trying to strangle our ability to update this game? Give us some funding."

And then EA's like, "Sell more packs and we'll talk."

And BW's like, "It's kinda hard to sell more packs when we had to cut half our art department. We're running on fumes here."

EA, "That's not our problem."

BW, "Well fine, we'll do what we can."

EA, "Damn right you will."

At least, that is one way it plays out in my head. :p

Sadly, I have a feeling some of them are sitting there in the office, going, "Jesus EA, are you trying to strangle our ability to update this game? Give us some funding."

And then EA's like, "Sell more packs and we'll talk."

And BW's like, "It's kinda hard to sell more packs when we had to cut half our art department. We're running on fumes here."

EA, "That's not our problem."

BW, "Well fine, we'll do what we can."

EA, "Damn right you will."

At least, that is one way it plays out in my head. :p

Spot on :p