The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

GTN suggestion

I've noticed that when putting an item up on the GTN, the amount of credits you have to pay to post varies upon the item you are about to sell. What I would like to know is how does the system calculate the credits we need to pay? It seems almost a crap shoot. I can place an armor piece and the system may make me pay 1400 credits to post it regardless of how much I am wanting to sell it for. Then I can turn around and place a crystal and must 2 credits. Also regardless of how much I want to sell the item for. I've even seen the same in reverse. I'm asked to put up 1400 credits for a crystal and 100 credits for say a lower armor set. Granted the amount you want to sell the item for can be changed but the amount you have to pay to post it can't.

I think the cost the poster pays to post items on the GTN should be a set percentage of the amount requested for the item. Just doesn't make since that I can post an item for say 1.5mil and pay 200 credits to post it and yet post another item for 45k and pay 1200 credits to post it.

The deposit to list the item is a strict function of the item. A particular thing will always require a deposit of *that* amount. (But this isn't the fee you pay for using the GTN. It is returned if the item sells or if it doesn't sell, and is only kept by the system if you cancel the listing. There is also a 6% fee for items that sell.)