The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Juggernaut's "Character Progression Trailer" Armor Set

Epicmythic

I remember how amazed i was from the heavy armor for Juggernauts as we saw it in the character progression trailer back in 2011 (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/cms/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/sithwarrior-juggernaut2.jpg) and how disappointed -and many, many more- when i realized that in the end Bioware did not follow that design and instead they gave us columi alike sets with those weird shoulders and helm, besides other changes.

Since that time many things have changed and we saw Bioware giving to players many things they asked, even armors from important heroes like Darth Malgus' set! I was positively surprised when i saw that set in CM and anyone with experience from other mmorpg understands exactly what i mean.

So, i think it is time dear devs to give us the exact set as we see it in that trailer, which originally was meant to be a Juggernaut set. You have given us similar sets like Assailant's set (there is also D.Skotia's set but it has more than 1 differences that's why i'm not mention it), which is the same in almost every detail (even with the metal part at the upper part of the back which the columi alike sets did not have, and with the right helm, which originally became available for Marauders and not for Juggernauts), EXCEPT from shoulder pads... Also, you can remove that hood from the back as you did with Assailant's set cause it does not fit.

Please, give us that set which imao, is still one of the best looking mechanic styled armors for Sith Warriors, and tbh i never really understood why you did not proceed with that design. Technical speaking, it must be very easy to input it cause you have already create it and lorewise speaking, this set was meant for players so it's totally natural to ask for it and mostly, have it!

Thx for reading my post and i hope to finally see the exact set (same skin, textures, colour, everything!) ingame after so many years, and i know that many more would like that too!

Edit: In trailer Sith has his arms spread, and ready for fight, which makes the armor look wider on shoulders BUT if you check ingame your chara with Assailant's chest on idle pose, and try to imagine it without those "rocket" shoulders, then you will realize that it looks a bit narrow and the proportions are not that good. So, they might need to make those shoulder pads a little bit wider or bigger if you prefer. I'm not sure about that ofc, cause i cannot say for certain if they have just add those "rocket" shoulders above those pads we see OR they also made them smaller. If not, then, as i said, it might be necessary to adjust their size a bit, for an even better visual result. Though i have the impression that those shoulder pads we see in that trailer have been entirely removed before they place those "rocket" shoulders we all know, so this might not be a problem. In any case i had to mention that and Bioware knows what they did with that set and if -hopefully- decide to give us this armor, they will know what to do.

p.s. In case the image link is not working of you, try this (

) and go to 1:57. Edited by Epicmythic

Disregard this post. I re-read your thread and realized you mentioned the Skotia armor. I'm a smart individual.

What are you talking about m8? I cannot understand what's your objection with this thread (??). I am very specific to what im saying and high intelligence is not required to understand it, so explain yourself :confused:

Edited by Epicmythic

What are you talking about m8? I cannot understand what's your objection with this thread (??). I am very specific to what im saying and high intelligence is not required to understand it, so explain yourself :confused:

I am assuming he meant to say that there is Skotia's armor in the game, which is very similar to the one in progression trailer armor.

Personally I stand with you. They should make all armor sets which were advertised in trailers available to players. ;l

I am assuming he meant to say that there is Skotia's armor in the game, which is very similar to the one in progression trailer armor.

Personally I stand with you. They should make all armor sets which were advertised in trailers available to players. ;l

Well, for a moment i thought the same but again, what he said makes no sence (at least for me) and also, he's kinda rude!

Anyway, Skotia's set is a different set (different in many things, as i already said) and we are not talking about it here. If someone is satisfied with it, ok, fine by me!

My goal here is to make Bioware give us that specific set exactly as it is in that old trailer and for this to happen more must write their minds, especially if they agree, and tbh, i don't see the reason why someone would disagree with that. From what i remember back then, almost ALL players starting with Juggernaut class thought they will get it cause it's really awesome, and i'm surprized that no one asked for it so far, unless i've missed that thread.

I will say again, It's 100% normal to ask for an armor set that was meant for players, especially when this set is, imao up to this day, one of the best (if not the best) mechanic armors we can have for Sith Warriors!

Edited by Epicmythic

I made a post saying how that there is a set similar to what you want, Skotia's armor, but I realized you mentioned Skotia's Armor, so I edited my post, since I was not relevant in the discussion... I don't know how you took it as an insult to your intelligence. >.>

I made a post saying how that there is a set similar to what you want, Skotia's armor, but I realized you mentioned Skotia's Armor, so I edited my post, since I was not relevant in the discussion... I don't know how you took it as an insult to your intelligence. >.>

M8, next time when you edit your post saying something like "disregard this post" it's for the best to leave your original message as it is, so others can understand that you refer to this, otherwise ppl might think something totally different, like i did. I thought you were calling others to disregard my post, and i was like "what the heck?":( Anyway, i'm glad we solve this :).

So lets go back to our main subject. What's your opinion about the trailer set as we see it, would you like to have it ingame?

Edited by Epicmythic

• 2 weeks later...

The last few days i'm using Assailant's set, as it has the same skin on chest (which is amazing) like the trailer set as i already said, with columi legs and boots (for an even better match), and i was trying to imagine it without those shoulders but soon after i realized that those shoulders can be used but without those cylinder addition, just the main part like in this image (http://www.swtor-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/RPXPMJ_37B.jpg) for example to understand what i mean. Ofc, it will be best to be better attached to the arms cause as it is looks off the place.

By all means Bioware, pls give us that exact set (without the hood like with Assailant's set, cause it's nice to see how the metallic spine is attached to the head) using different shoulders! I will say it again, the general design of that set is amazing! Terrifying and impressive at the same time, perfect for a Sith warrior, and the way it is made on trailer set is the best version of all by far! The upcoming patch is an opportunity to do it and in any case you don't have anything to lose at all (since you already have that set, and you will only need to edit few code lines to change those shoulder pads), on the contrary you will get benefit! I will insist on this for the reasons i've already mentioned, and if anyone agrees with me don't hesitate to write.

Edited by Epicmythic

• 4 weeks later...

I will keep bringing this thread up as long as Bioware "refuse" to give that set ingame after all these years. Give us that set guys, it's about time! :mad:

p.s. Recently we saw another Sith armor set in CM which was ok but nothing special, same as many other sets before that...:(

Edited by Epicmythic