The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Transfere character cost way to high!

Rang-o

They're already about 45% cheaper than they used to be AND you can now transfer cross-region which was not possible at all before.

It's too bad you missed out on the big sale they had on transfers last year.

A lot of people weren't active. There is a ton of returning players and there will be even more of them come 5.0. They will come back to deserted servers with not enough people to play any endgame content with. Are you just going to tell them "too bad you missed out on the 90% transfer sale last year?" Empty servers is a big problem now and it has to be sorted. Having 90% discount on transfers was an amazing time to be at. Cross-server trade was amazing, prices were great if you knew where to look. Right now we have all whales and credit sellers confined to single server per region and it is really, really bad on gtn.

Yeah I remember them being nearly 1500 at the start of the game, then they had like a 6 month long sale of 90 cc like 3 times? once per year about, but I really do wish they were cheaper as well tbh, 1k is still quite alot for only one character. I bet if they lowered it to 500 that would be a better way of settling it, and they would probably get alot more to transfer at that price as well.

A lot of people weren't active. There is a ton of returning players and there will be even more of them come 5.0. They will come back to deserted servers with not enough people to play any endgame content with. Are you just going to tell them "too bad you missed out on the 90% transfer sale last year?"
Yes. Yes, that's exactly what I'm going to tell them.

They made their choice to quit the game.

How does that give them some sort of special entitlement?

They have the exact same choices anyone else currently has: 1) suck it up and deal with it or 2) pay the money to move.

Transfer costs are lower now than they were originally.

They're also more versatile because it is only recently possible to transfer between regions.

Regional transfers are even cheaper than the original price of same region transfers.

And from what I can tell, they're both still cheaper than other MMO's that offer server transfers.

If you're patient, they're even free.