Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

CXP rewards and repeatable chapters.

ForjKlahaa

I mean, want a challenge? No heroic moment, no unity, level 1 companion, group mode star fortress...but solo it without using any crates or the buffs.

People say they want a challenge but when they have the option to do it, they take the easiest way out. I mean the first thing people do when a challenge shows up is see if there is a way around it.

This only artificially inflates the tedious grind rather than implementing a form of skill or mechanics you have to either avoid or overcome. Actual "difficulty" would be having to throw interrupts, stuns, making use of DCDs, passing a enrage, or avoiding AOEs thrown by the boss, something new or obstacle requiring a action, preferably somewhat fast to avoid. Not simply hitting the mobs or the boss over and over and over only making them a meat shield. Yes, the exarch does have one interrupt but that's roughly about it for that fight, it was a nice start but the entire other scenario is simply a tedious factor with no new introduced mechanics between solo and heroic.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Artificially gimping yourself is nor a satisfying alternative to overcoming a true challenge with all the skill and tools at your disposal. I only have one 50 comp btw for an alt I don't even play but he's my cybertech and slicer and I was spending a fortune on mats and Kaliyo was already at 35 by the time I finished the agent story so I spent the comms on gifts to bump her up.

And just because you will cheese your way through tough content if you can, it doesn't mean that everyone else wants to

Artificially gimping yourself makes the game harder. But you don't really care about making the game harder do you. You just want the rewards for doing harder content. So really, it wouldn't matter how hard this game was, as long as you got rewarded for it.

Artificially gimping yourself makes the game harder. But you don't really care about making the game harder do you. You just want the rewards for doing harder content. So really, it wouldn't matter how hard this game was, as long as you got rewarded for it.

Sounds like you're projecting or you can't read and I'm too tied to deal with your illiteracy right now. You carry on living in that delusion and I can get some shut eye.

Sounds like you're projecting or you can't read and I'm too tied to deal with your illiteracy right now. You carry on living in that delusion and I can get some shut eye.

No I'm not projecting. I artificially gimp myself to make the game harder. I don't need rewards to incentivize me to make the game harder for myself. I make the game harder for myself because I enjoy playing a a harder game.

The options are there to make the game harder, yet you refuse to use them and come on the forums and complain that the game is too easy. I can only assume it's because you don't really care about making the game harder, you just want to be rewarded for doing harder content.

Edited by Fixingthegame

No I'm not projecting. I artificially gimp myself to make the game harder. I don't need rewards to incentivize me to make the game harder for myself. I make the game harder for myself because I enjoy playing a a harder game.

The options are there to make the game harder, yet you refuse to use them and come on the forums and complain that the game is too easy. I can only assume it's because you don't really care about making the game harder, you just want to be rewarded for doing harder content.

I said artificially gimping yourself is not a satisfying alternative to overcoming challenges that have been thoughtfully crafted by others (the devs). If you create the challenge you already have an idea of how you're going to solve it as you're thinking of it. I never said I didn't do it however. I do lots of little things to make the story content a little harder and that usually means running without a comp so they can be crafting. That's not really how the game is supposed to be played though because you're missing out if they are not there in cutscenes. Another thing I like to do is switch to tank spec and put my comp on DPS to run heroics. It's faster but riskier and you really have to pay attention on the later planets keep aggro off your comp, keep yourself alive and burn those champions down before you they burn you down. I've wiped quite a few times doing that. It's not much but's it's a bit of a thrill. I also said multiple times (in this very thread) that I run TPFs solo which is very hard for me and I can't do all of them. There's no additional reward for doing it solo but I do it anyway for fun.

And finally, I'm not asking for the game to be made harder I'm asking for more challenging (optional) solo content with appropriate rewards. Not sure how many times I have to say that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.