The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Galactic Conflict - General

Silenceo

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sil I demand a full list of changes.

I am afraid I cannot do that... The patch note guy 'quit'.

If you want though... you can go read the documents and play 'spot the change!'. Most of them are pretty obvious. Most. :d_evil: (Mad and K don't worry bout it, talked you through them)

I am afraid I cannot do that... The patch note guy 'quit'.

If you want though... you can go read the documents and play 'spot the change!'. Most of them are pretty obvious. Most. :d_evil: (Mad and K don't worry bout it, talked you through them)

Your a terrible boss sil you always making your people quit.:D

Well I seen some of the changes their not bad but could understand the frustration.

I demand Bloodshed.

Before the eyes of the Overlord, we will be judged. We have been found guilty. Destruction awaits us all. And I heard of the word and a noise of thunder. Two of the Six Beasts saying 'come and see.' And I saw and beheld a purple ship and he who's name who commanded it was theMadDutchman, and beheld a second ship of blue, and he who's name who commanded it was Karadron, and Hell followed with them... And lo there was a great disturbance in the force and the sun's became black, and the day of Galactic Conflict's great wrath had come! Who would be left to stand?!

Edited by Silenceo

I suppose I will start off a bit of discussion, then...

I found it rather interesting how Dutch decided to combine bits of vong tech, with more standard technology. What are all of your thoughts on this?

I was waiting for K to post his faction before I really put any thoughts or points forward.

Dutch faction interests me and like how she uses some of the Vong more iconic technology like the Davin Bosil for Shields and personally armor for units.Its a big hole in her faction one of K pervious factions could easily exploit as mando he doesn't have complete access to.As far as I know.I think it should matchup and wonder how Karadon will bypass some of Dutch tech.

Edited by Jarons

I was waiting for K to post his faction before I really put any thoughts or points forward.

Dutch faction interests me and like how she uses some of the Vong more iconic technology like the Davin Bosil for Shields and personally armor for units.Its a big hole in her faction one of K pervious factions could easily exploit as mando he doesn't have complete access to.As far as I know.I think it should matchup and wonder how Karadon will bypass some of Dutch tech.

Well, for the record I'm a guy lol

as for how it stacks up, we'll just have to see :)

Well, while we wait for the first events (and probably first blood), I thought I'd share some of my inspiration and thoughts in regards to NullForce. I'd be curious to see how people go about making their factions as well

The inspiration behind them has its roots in all the discussions about the Jedi and Sith and who are the real good and bad guys that have been so popular lately. I tend to fall in the camp that they are both extremes and as such both have serious issues, and as a result I wanted a faction that didn't want any of that. Unlike Kreia though, I wanted to approach the question from the mundane side of things, what would someone without the Force think about the issue? How would they go about dealing with it? The first part was of course Myrkr and its vornskrs and ysalamiri. Then came the question of how would I fight with other factions without the benefit of the Force? The answer I went with was basically "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

The issue was that Star Wars technology and magic (Force) are rather distinguishable normally. Most authors/writers go out of their way to show how different the Force is from tech, and often how superior it is as well. An exception is the Vong. While I hate the Vong books, and the Vong themselves, they have some very interesting and exotic technology that fits the bill just nicely.

From there is was building a faction and backstory that would provide an interesting motivation for this kind of organic/machine integration i wanted with the Vong. If anyone actually took the time to read the bio, you know the rest :)

Well, while we wait for the first events (and probably first blood), I thought I'd share some of my inspiration and thoughts in regards to NullForce. I'd be curious to see how people go about making their factions as well

The inspiration behind them has its roots in all the discussions about the Jedi and Sith and who are the real good and bad guys that have been so popular lately. I tend to fall in the camp that they are both extremes and as such both have serious issues, and as a result I wanted a faction that didn't want any of that. Unlike Kreia though, I wanted to approach the question from the mundane side of things, what would someone without the Force think about the issue? How would they go about dealing with it? The first part was of course Myrkr and its vornskrs and ysalamiri. Then came the question of how would I fight with other factions without the benefit of the Force? The answer I went with was basically "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

The issue was that Star Wars technology and magic (Force) are rather distinguishable normally. Most authors/writers go out of their way to show how different the Force is from tech, and often how superior it is as well. An exception is the Vong. While I hate the Vong books, and the Vong themselves, they have some very interesting and exotic technology that fits the bill just nicely.

From there is was building a faction and backstory that would provide an interesting motivation for this kind of organic/machine integration i wanted with the Vong. If anyone actually took the time to read the bio, you know the rest :)

So my first faction I wanted to do a peaceful faction, but that would've been a bit boring, so I made the faction hate the CIS.

For my second faction I had a completely different approach: Tech. All of it. So I made a faction dedicated exclusively to research. This faction is now in its third iteration: First iteration it was only focused on tech and a special troop deployment system with a f*ton of custom units, second iteration added a bunch of different stuff , but mainly a ship lineup that made it entirely independent from planets, third iteration it became my overlord faction where it can only be described as OP.

And for the current one, Sil had a few requirements, so I decided on a Sith faction. The I looked at Wookiepedia:Sith_(language) and tried a few word combinations. Found one I liked and made a backstory around the name.

Edit: Not going to reveal any more of the new faction unless Sil wants me to.

Edited by CheaterLL

Considering that nightmare marathon you guys call an election just happened, I'm surprised you'd put up with it here lol

You kidding? That election was some of the best entertainment from the media in ages. :d_cool: Also, as far as I know, none of us are THAT hot-blooded about it. Right? (cue)

Alright, so I feel it is time once again for a story... Anyone got any requests? (story pertaining to the match ofc)

Don't think we ever did get the story behind the bombing of Mandalore. Considering the rather amusing political bickering that came out of that there could definitely be a good story behind it.

Other than that though not a whole lot of note has happened this game... yet.

Don't think we ever did get the story behind the bombing of Mandalore. Considering the rather amusing political bickering that came out of that there could definitely be a good story behind it.

Other than that though not a whole lot of note has happened this game... yet.

Perhaps, though, it could also pertain to a npc, pc, or ect back story that predates the match.

Side Note: Not sure though, the Mandalore one could suffer from perspective bias, since it would be mando. (Maybe Christmas themed as well)

Edited by Silenceo

(Maybe Christmas themed as well)

Could do 2 mini stories, Christmas (or Life Day I guess) on both Mandalore and Myrkr

The violently drunken antics of Mandos is always amusing and tech obsessed cyborgs + alcohol + anti-orbital weapons could make for an interesting light show :)