The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

hey guys i have some questions and need you help

IGFGraywolf

in the harbenger server we made a new guild Central Imperial Order. and the one who made it has no idea what he is doing. he is free to play. i am paid but i need help walking me through how to set it up with ranks and so on does anyone mind helping me out .

The default ranks in game are from highest to lowest:

Guild Leader

Officer

Lieutenant

Recruit

i dont see the point of changing the names, but you can make them more fiting for star wars - like from acolyte, through apprentice, lord to darth for example.

Leader sets the different permissions for each of these ranks, including who can view and send messages in guild chat or officer chat, who can change the guild message of the day or edit the guild description, and what ranks will be allowed to view or set officer and member notes. You can also decide what rank can invite other players. Only guild leaders can adjust the guild settings. Other officers cannot. Most of the default settings can be limited, so make sure to look at this panel as soon as possible after starting your guild.

I would be careful with guild bank acces to prevent guild bank theft, when it comes to recruitment though - if everyone can invite its much more comfortable for everyone and guild expand faster, but there might be some bad seeds joining your guild.

From what ive seen people want teamspeak, guild ship and regular ops groups in guild - so pretty much sooner or later if you want to keep your guild alive u need to take care of these things.

Edited by blowupwookies

• 3 weeks later...

You may want to take a look at the SWTOR EA Help site. They have a few FAQs on how Guilds and Guild management works. Good place to start if you're thinking of setting one up.

Here's a link to the main Guild FAQs, and here's one to the regular Help page.

A general rule of thumb is don't give random people the power to withdraw large amounts from shared storage or funds - that's a recipe for disaster for sure!