Chapter 12 Visions in the Dark ?

americanaussie

Obv, spoilers, but at the end of the chapter, we kill those 3 young creatures and the momma shows up. Satele warns us that the monster momma wants to kill us because we killed her children.

I haven't seen anyone discuss this in relation to Senya, Arcann, Vaylin, Thexan, but does anyone believe that it's actually foreshadowing what's to come? There had to be a reason that it was included in the chapter.

Obv, spoilers, but at the end of the chapter, we kill those 3 young creatures and the momma shows up. Satele warns us that the monster momma wants to kill us because we killed her children.

I haven't seen anyone discuss this in relation to Senya, Arcann, Vaylin, Thexan, but does anyone believe that it's actually foreshadowing what's to come? There had to be a reason that it was included in the chapter.

It might be foreshadowing(1), but it might simply be there as a "test" within the storytelling theme of the chapter. Time will tell, I guess.

(1) The weakness is that you don't see one of the children kill one of the others before you get there...

I would also say if it was ment as foreshadowing than it doesn't work very well. With so much time between the different chapters I wouldn't be surprised if alot of people will have completely forgotten about the encounter and will not make any connection.

In terms of gameplay it more felt like "ok we are giving you a dark/light choice here, so you feel like your alignment matters".