Patch 4.7.3a stuck at 100%

sturge

My mate has poor internet (with no fibre optic) and spent all night installing the latest patch update. This morning it is at 100% and in brackets it has download speed changing between KB and MB but that's it. Is the download corrupted, does something need to be removed from the game files so the launcher can re-install it? I had this problem myself once and had to remove a file to fix the issue. Haven't had issues before until now.

This usually happens with the bitraider service. What you can do is this:

Windows key + R

type

services.msc

press enter , scroll down to bitraider mini support service stub loader , ensure this is started , then start the launcher

You can also try to end all bitraider processes then close and restsrt the launcher.

Last you can also remove bitraider to prevent this from happening in the future.

NOTE this is a complete download of the game again

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"

, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.

Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

Edited by Nightblazer

We've just removed the assets, movie and bitraider folders and now the download is at 50%. I've done the download myself on my laptop with no issues but I is slightly upgraded with good RAM chip, his PC is old and was switched off few times which must of caused the corrupted data. We don't want to re-install the whole thing again, only need to delete the corrupted files.