Half the UI disappearing on loading in FP

Rolodome

Had this happen twice now. I queue up for tacticals, load in, and half my UI is just gone. Chat is invisible, my ability bar. Part of it, like map and such, is showing, I think.

It's the weirdest thing and I'm kinda pissed in the moment right now because due to how the bug works, there is no way for me to communicate to the other players in the group that it's even happened. Relogging fixes it, but if I relog, it boots me out of the group (that or they are kicking me... I'm not sure which... it seems like if you force yourself to log out without waiting for the timer it just boots you out of the group automatically???).

It's definitely nothing to do with alt+z BTW because I try that every time and all it does is turn off the rest of my UI and then turn back on the parts that are still visible.

So now I have to wait for the cooldown period because the game bugged out on me. And I feel like a dick for looking like I'm ditching, even though I wanted to do the FP.

To reload the UI, you need to press Ctrl+U twice; Alt+Z just turns it on/off but won't reload it.

But in rare cases, even Ctrl+U won't fix this, in this case you have to relog.

Do not log out of your character (= going back to character selection) because that will always drop you from group.

Instead, hit Alt+F4 to close the game and quickly log in again via the launcher. In this case, you will appear to have a disconnect to the other group members, but you will stay in the group and if you can log back in within 1-2 minutes, they usually won't have kicked you yet.

All in all, these are not perfect workarounds, and there's no excuse why the devs still haven't fixed this bug (it's been in the game for years), but hope it helps.

Edited by Jerba

To reload the UI, you need to press Ctrl+U twice; Alt+Z just turns it on/off but won't reload it.

But in rare cases, even Ctrl+U won't fix this, in this case you have to relog.

Do not log out of your character (= going back to character selection) because that will always drop you from group.

Instead, hit Alt+F4 to close the game and quickly log in again via the launcher. In this case, you will appear to have a disconnect to the other group members, but you will stay in the group and if you can log back in within 1-2 minutes, they usually won't have kicked you yet.

All in all, these are not perfect workarounds, and there's no excuse why the devs still haven't fixed this bug (it's been in the game for years), but hope it helps.

Thanks for the tips. Good to know.