The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bound

Wraithe_Oza

Just returned after a very lengthy absence, so apologies if this has been suggested:

I would like to suggest a token or somesuch to be able to 'unbind' one piece of gear/equipment.

Ive been gone a long time so I really don't remember if something like this would be exploitable or whatever, there is a bit of ignorance here.

Not any piece of gear that auto binds, just the ones that 'bind on equip'?

Reason why I had this thought is that I have a character that has the Nilihus (sp) mask on her, and I wish that I could put it on a new character I had an idea for.

Of if you enjoyed a piece of gear for a long time and you just want to sell it, that's not what I want, but it is an option too.

Anyone smarter than me can expand on this if you like

A "Bind Lifter" (a name that occurs in one game I know that has this) doesn't fit well with the Cartel Market / Collections set-up that SWTOR has.

So I bind, say, the XoXaan set and therefore activate it in Collections, but so far just for this character. Now I want to unbind it. What happens to the activation in Collections? What if I did the account-unlock thing?

(Note: I'm not talking about unbinding a copy I claimed from Collections, but about the original one.)

So perhaps one that only works for non-CM items that are, equally, not Bind-to-Legacy either. Ops tokens, H2 drops, that sort of thing. (The Runes of Magic Bind Lifter's main *use* is to unbind stuff dropped from instances (normal or raid size), but RoM doesn't have an equivalent of Collections either.)

So overall, I think it's feasible to make a useful set of functionality for it, but I don't think it would happen, and I think you wouldn't like the price if they did sell it.