The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pass to turn off level sync

nepochop

I do not miss the days of having a max level, usually from the opposite faction but occasionally from the same one, steal a WB from at level ops groups forming to kill it. The 'hurry there is someone here to steal it' in ops chat was annoying at best. It was trollish and slimy behavior, and I'm glad it can't be done like that anymore.

You're terribly mistaken if you think that it's no longer possible. I've seen it being done while doing the DvL achievement, or when doing a conquest objective a lot of times.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was way too easy before, and though it's only very very very slightly harder, the sync is a good way to bring the game back to its roots - where cooperating with your community was just as important as doing things alone. That's what an MMO is built on, and that's the way it should remain.

The game has been getting easier and easier since start!! Why do you think they are making Veteran and Master modes?? Cause the game is too easy. For people like me that have done the hardest content easy means annoying. Its annoying to get knocked down from my speeder, aggro low lvl mobs etc. Those things just get on my nerves, how come low lvl mobs aggro a high lvl, high geared Jedi Knight who kills them in 2 seconds?? ANNOYING!!

You're terribly mistaken if you think that it's no longer possible. I've seen it being done while doing the DvL achievement, or when doing a conquest objective a lot of times.

True, it's an unfortunate part of the game, we have slime like the OP oozing around. But it is less common, and I do appreciate that. It will never completely go away, that's true.

but there are things people just dont wanna do and dont feel like doing. Those things need to be soloed then!!

So there is the contradiction, if you want level sync off to do "things people just dont wanna do and dont feel like doing" then you are a minority and your suggestion wont be considered.

On the other hand, try getting new guild or friends that wants to do and feel like doing those things you are missing in your checklist.

Or talk with your guild officers and get the "world boss hunt runs chief executive manager" title set a weekly date and pug and convince people to do it. As you describe it seems like wanting to do HM ops in a RP only guild, not impossible but kind of difficult task.

but there are things people just dont wanna do and dont feel like doing. Those things need to be soloed then!!

I don't wanna nor feel like doing ranked PvP but I want to beat up a Training Dummy solo so I can get the rewards.

I don't wanna nor feel like doing Operations but I want a set of Wings of the Architect so gimme a no-mechanics solo mode.

I don't wanna nor feel like playing the GTN but I want millions of credits for listing one item and not bothering to monitor the market.

I don't wanna nor feel like doing Eyeless/Xeno/etc for the rare drops but I want the rare drops so gimme a no-mechanics solo mode.

Where does it end?

If people don't wanna nor feel like doing something then they don't have to. If people want to experience everything in the game then they need to and should do everything in the game and if they don't then they shouldn't have access to everything in the game.

TL;DR - If people don't wanna nor feel like doing group content then they shouldn't have access to the rewards for doing group content.

Edited by PetFish

I don't wanna nor feel like doing ranked PvP but I want to beat up a Training Dummy solo so I can get the rewards.

I don't wanna nor feel like doing Operations but I want a set of Wings of the Architect so gimme a no-mechanics solo mode.

I don't wanna nor feel like playing the GTN but I want millions of credits for listing one item and not bothering to monitor the market.

I don't wanna nor feel like doing Eyeless/Xeno/etc for the rare drops but I want the rare drops so gimme a no-mechanics solo mode.

Where does it end?

If people don't wanna nor feel like doing something then they don't have to. If people want to experience everything in the game then they need to and should do everything in the game and if they don't then they shouldn't have access to everything in the game.

TL;DR - If people don't wanna nor feel like doing group content then they shouldn't have access to the rewards for doing group content.

I dont want a lot, just to have it as before, thats all.

Finding people for a common goal isn't hard.....

Yes well that depends..... I know what you mean and you are of course right. I did manage to find groups for various things, but its not always that easy, mainly due to play time. I play mostly late at night and at that time you dont get many people to do things.

Yes the game is so easy now so why bother? Level sync didnt bring any change to that, its still easy, the only difference is that you gain XP while being lvl 50 on Coruscant, no other advantage in this. Well also you can go help your friend level up with you lvl 65 toon, but thats just rediculous.

I want to be able to solo stuff as before.

*Wah wah - I wanna solo world bosses again*

No, you cannot.

*But I want to*

No, they were never designed to be 5 hit killed by a solo player, get over it

*wah wah*

How do you know that? The level cap was 50 at launch which allows a lot of bosses to be soloed, the devs must have been aware of that and allowed it to happen.