The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Lightsaber effects attached to crystals rather than hilts!

As the title says. I'd be more happy to see Force Unleashed - like approach where it is crystals taht affect the visual effects of the beam, rather than hilts.

Many players, myself included, find Unstable hilt absolutely hideous. We all have our favorite hilts that sound and look best. I'd be more happy to add a crystal with pulsing/unstable effect + audio to a hilt which I already like, know and use.

Instead of making new, cheap, hideous and ridiculous colour crystals re-release the old, most popular ones with additional effects, for example pulsing or unstable beam. Let crafters obtain schematics for the classic and and craftable colours with mentioned effects. This is also a more lore-friendly approach since these effects came from crystals rather than hilts.

bb ty

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

That's what Tunings basically are: http://dulfy.net/2016/05/03/swtor-weapon-tunings-guide/

And no, they're not suddenly going to revert the Tuning slots, and redo the hundreds of crystal colors/types.

Tunings do not affect or alter the entire beam, they add an extra effect. Those effects are restricted to lightsaber hilts. Tunings would allow you to add lightning to a lightsaber with a pulsing beam effect, for example.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue