The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Collections improvements == more CC spending

Deewe

Collection is a great way for players to get specific gear legacy wide and by the same time bringing more cash in game.

Now the main issue with collection is some pieces are so rare that's its very difficult even impossible to get the whole sets. As people are unlocking way less sets than they would.

An interesting way would be to allow players to be able to unlock, again legacy wide, single pieces with CC.

As in the car market, unlocking each piece alone would in the end cost more than directly unlocking a whole set, this way making both features worthwhile. By doing so, we can expect players to spend more CC.

Obviously the tricky part would be to find the right balance between the cost of all the pieces together vs a whole set and also adjusting the prices of each slot, ie bracers being certainly way cheaper than say chest pieces.

Note:

Another avenue, would be to allow single piece unlocks on only one more character at a time. Thing is the prices should then be cheaper than legacy wide unlocks. It might not be as interesting in terms of cash income as seeming less interesting for players. Also most players in fact would not unlock most items on more than one more character. Hence globally providing a lesser ROI.

/discuss

Edited by Deewe

YES this idea is amazing, I think maybe dividing the cost of what it would take to unlock the whole set by how many items are in the set would give you a reasonable price per single item :p They are bound on pickup anyway so it doesn't even matter if we get loads of say, freedon nadds helmet as we can't even sell them. Bioware should totally implement this.

/signed

I would really like this.

Though for me it would be to unlock only the parts of a set i actually want, rather than the whole thing. This, unfortunately, is probably why they don't do it.

An alternative to this that wouldn't restrict their money making potential would be to allow unlocking (at the price of the whole set) of sets when only 1 piece is added. Then when more pieces are collected, they are added to the set, with no further expense.

It'll still cost you the same CC as before, but this way you'd only have to pay the credits for Revan's mask, rather than the whole set for example.

Fussy point: Unlocks in Collections are *account*-wide, not legacy-wide.

Did not know about that, makes sense.

An alternative would be to allow unlocking (at the price of the whole set) of sets when only 1 piece is added. Then when more pieces are collected, they are added to the set, with no further expense.

It'll still cost you the same CC as before, but this way you'd only have to pay the credits for Revan's mask, rather than the whole set for example.

A very good alternative indeed, although I'm not sure the revenue will be as high as with unlocking single pieces directly for a cheaper fee.

First because it would then mostly be used for very rare and expensive items, so seldom used.

Then because with my suggestion, in the end people paying whole sets a piece at a time will end paying more than directly unlocking a set.

Although certainly the devs have the data to look into this.