The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP Cartel Packs

rtrrtshorty

I recently saw a few posts in the PvP section that had some really good points, and made me want to write this thread and what others think. First, PvP needs to make the game more $ in order to receive more attention from Devs/ Bioware. The other post was in regards to PvP rewards, which mentioned having PvP themed packs to open.

With that said, of course it's hard to isolate one player group, but I believe the cartel packs cater more towards the rp/pve crowd simply because they have more items that can be used, mounts being the first example that pops into my head. I also know that it isn't a 1:1 comparison here, but they have cartel items and packs specific to GSF, so why not create special packs for the different areas of the game, including PvP/PvE?

My idea would be to have items that are restricted to PvP that would be something that makes pvp'ers stand out and be proud (the same can be done with PvE). An example of such an item could be banners/toys that could be placed on the ground only in pvp areas. (I still smile when people use the "kick huttball" emote!)

Perhaps even a special weapon tuning that tied into crystals specific to each play style.. Expertise crystals would have a different effect than Power crystals for example.

Doing something like this would give PvP'ers a chance to get more into other facets of the game, as well as encouraging $ revenues $

What do you guys think? What items could be included exclusively for PvP that wouldn't give unfair advantages to those who invest in them?

PS: another idea would be to even have a PvP "storyline" that goes along with acheives/ advancements in PvP.... why not have a party thrown in your honor for earning advancements in valor/ titles? Can you get quests for revenge from your companions by killing/ winning x number of ppl/ warzones to get justice for their lost friend? All are immersive ideas that could easily include world pvp.

Edited by rtrrtshorty
Updated/ Better explanation

Not gonna happen; the PVEers will cry bloody murder if the pvpers get anything they don't, or if they ever have to touch PVP. Look how they whine about having to do a few PVP matches to unlock Lt Pierce/M1-4X, a mere one companion out of the 30 others they have available to them. Edited by HeatRacer