Difficulty Modes - KotET

MayhemofChaonus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a shame about no repeatable story quests. They were the best part of the game, and the ability to go back with different gear would be a dream come true. Bringing Ashara and Jaesa over to the dark side would never have gotten old.

• 2 weeks later...
Difficulty modes are only going to be for KOTFE and KOTET Chapters (they are also repeatable). The previous story content, such as Class Story is not affected by this update.

-eric

Thanks for the affirmative Eric. Guess I'm only buying a 1-month sub once you guys release all the chapters for KotET to see how much it's exactly like KotFE.

Glad I didn't get my hopes up too high.

What should be and what is, are two very different things. I AGREE that it would have been nice to include original stories but I am also aware of the potential pitfalls of such an undertaking...

Chances are that the KOTFE and KOTET content were designed with difficulty modes in mind (difficulty modes have been requested for a long time), but the original class stories were not. This is evidenced by the fact that most of KOTFE is instanced, so an individual can set the difficulty they want and not impact any other player.

OTOH Class story is significantly non-instanced and therefore there would have to be difficulty mode planetary instances (easy, medium and hard or whatever they are called); probably not impossible, but (and I hope you would agree) more difficult to implement.

Orrrrrrr......they could just make all Class story instances have difficulty modes. I don't mind mowing down helpless mobs all across Alderaan, only to reach my story instance and suddenly have to play my keyboard like piano just to survive!

Basically, I don't care if the planets have to be left as is. Repeatable, difficulty-adjustable, class story instanced content is what would make me stay, not just subbed, but playing...

That's a shame about no repeatable story quests. They were the best part of the game, and the ability to go back with different gear would be a dream come true. Bringing Ashara and Jaesa over to the dark side would never have gotten old.

Aaaaaaaamen!

I'm not but at least someone's getting what they want :)

Yeah sure, I'll sleep soundly at night knowing all the lower-functioning SWTOR fans are getting their twisted wishes.

How dare you agree with me ;)

I mean, if you start agreeing with me, then pretty soon TUXs will, and then who will I argue with?

I remember siding with one of you in an argument between you two...but for the life of me I can't remember which one!

Edited by MayhemofChaonus

• 2 months later...