Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What happens to my chatacter once I finished the game?

LordBraidenbach

So I'm playing with KOTFE and the last chapter is getting close. But what happens to my character I finished kotfe? Can I play with him again? Or is that all, is he gone then? And what happens to all of my stuff I bought? For example armors?

Of course you can continue playing with that character. There are lots of things to do:

* Have you done all the recruitment alerts?

* Have you done the missions on Ilum?

* Makeb (Rise of the Hutt Cartel)?

* Oricon (the Dread Masters)?

* Have you done the missions to destroy the Star Fortresses?

* Have you done the Eternal Championship?

* Have you played PvP in Warzones?

* Have you tried Galactic Starfighter?

* Have you decorated your stronghold?

* Have you opened up all the maps of all the planets that the character can access?

* Have you raised all six crafting crew skills to rank 550?

* Have you finished off at least the Eternal level of the DvL event?

* Have you earned full Operations-token 220-rated gear?

* Have you played all eight base classes to level 50?

And so on. And in December, you'll be able to continue your story in Knights of the Eternal Throne...

That's cool , thanks you. Maybe I will find it by myself but can you please tell me where I can find these missions?

And in December, can/do I continue the game with my actual character who I played KOTFE with?

Great help!!

If you finished the normal class story, Ilum should be in your mission log. If you created an insta-60 ("Start At 60") character, check the Mission Terminal on your class ship (Fury / Defender / Thunderclap, etc.). It will have a big purple triangle mission marker over it.

For Makeb and Oricon, the answer is "look at the mission terminal" no matter who you are.

And yes, of course, as I said, you can continue your story, that is, play with the same character you did KotFE with.

Thanks!

Another question, because I'm really new and played only with a originally lvl 60 character in kotfe: if I start with a lvl 1 character, how many chapters are there for that, how does that work? And once I finished that game, can I play KOTFE with that originally lvl 1 character ?

I hope you can understand what I mean :)

Of course you can start KotFE with character that started at level 1 and did everything that led up to KotFE.

The main story is class specific and leads from one of the starter planets all the way to the final showdown on Coruscant. Each planet also has a planetary story and tons of side quests that are the same for everyone on your faction.

Main story has a prologue and 3 chapters each chapter covering 3-4 planets, if you do everything it will be easily 150+ hours playing time. After the main story you automatically get the storylines for Ilum, Makeb, the Forged Alliance series of (solo)-flashpoints (where you meet Lana and Theron), Rishi, Yavin, Ziost and finally KotFE.

By creating an instant level 60 you skip 90% of the story this game has to offer.

Also the DVL event is still running, you get free cartel packs for achieving certain milestones (level 25, level 50, finishing Shadow of revan and the first 9 chapters of KotFE etc.)

Edited by Mubrak

Starting at level 1 is different. Each class has its own class quest, you have world quests for each world you visit, and the republic story is different from the empire story. Progression is measured in how far you've gotten into the class quest and though it is divided into chapters, it doesn't work anywhere close to how KotFE works.

And yes, when you get to level 60, you can do the KotFE chapters with that character too.

And once I finished that game

Ah, here is the origin of the question. SWTOR is an MMORPG, and by their very nature, MMORPGs don't really have an end, a "finish". Sure, you can go through all the story, but there will still be things left to do, like seeing "all the story" on other classes (thats a SWTOR-specific thing) or other species (as you see in e.g. Guild Wars 2).

There are loads of things you can do, as I suggested above. Have fun!

And yes, I highly recommend starting one "Start At Level 1" character of each class. Possibly even one of each advanced class.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.