Stuttering when initiating/ending combat. Can't find a fix... help :(

Frankenfoo

Well, every time I initiate combat there is a slight pause right after activating the ability. Call it hitching or stuttering, but I get this about 90% of the time and after about 100 hours in SWTOR I'm really itching to find a fix for this. I play on wifi, so that might be the problem, but I usually have a pretty solid connection to the servers with only a few hiccups here and there. This happens when I have 4 bars of ping not just when the ping is high. I remember not having this problem a few years ago and remember loving how smooth the combat felt. Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix for this? I also just recently reinstalled the OS, and the only game I have installed at the moment is SWTOR, so a defrag doesn't seem necessary. It's sad because this is the one thing that is bugging me about the game yet everything else works great. Things I've tried:

Installing DX9

Messing with different graphics options

Setting SWTOR/Launcher to run as administrator

adding firewall exceptions

installed a framerate limiter

Deleting the game cache from the SWTOR folder

I don't have the best computer, but it meets minimum requirements:

Intel Core i3 5010u

2.10 ghz

6 gb RAM

Intel HD graphics card

Also please don't reply with "get a better computer" because not only is that useless/obvious information for me it doesn't help me solve the problem at the moment.