Outfit Designer gear problem

Limariko

I've searched the forums and googled around and can't seem to find how to fix this and I don't know if I'm screwing up somewhere or if it's a glitch or bug.

I've never really used the Outfit Designer until I got the DvL XP boost armor and as much as I like the stats, I really don't like the look. On two characters on different servers, I equipped the XP boost armor and put the gear for looks armor on in the Outfit Designer slot. Everything was fine until I went to swap out the XP boost armor for regular modded up gear with dye packs and the dye is only showing on one item. I did completely clear out the gear in the Designer slots and confirmed the Designer is fully empty. I went to Unify Colors and it doesn't seem to work at all even when I manually click on each gear to toggle it to color match.

I figured maybe I missed something or it was a momentary glitch and I logged out of the game completely figuring when I logged back in, it'd fix itself.

Nope, dye's still not showing correctly despite appearing in the appropriate dye slots on the gear.

I've put the XP boost armor in the cargo bank, confirmed the Outfit Designer has nothing in it, even stripped my character naked to again log out completely and log back in and now the character is showing up fully dressed with the XP boost helmet that's still in the cargo bank on though the character sheet still shows her naked. I even played with the Hide Helmet toggle to no effect.

Any character of mine who's not used the Outfit Designer at all is showing up completely fine. I am a subscriber, have been for years with no problem like this happening. Have I missed something somewhere or does anyone know if this is a glitch or bug.

Two things that may touch on your problem (I skimmed and just woke up):

- What displays is dependent on the set that is Active. Make sure you've gone to your equipped set and hit Apply in the gear window if that's the set you want to display.

- When your Active set is an outfit designer set and it has empty slots, those slots will just refer back to your equipped set. But (IIRC) they will not refer back to the equipped set's dye.