PvP Sentinel Tactics

rtrrtshorty

After reading threads in multiple forums, I have noticed there are plenty about rotations and min/maxing, but I wonder if any fellow sentinels would mind sharing some favorite PvP tactics 1v1 and 2v1. For example, back in SoR I spent time on Illum dueling and talking with a friend who plays Madness Sorc. We talked about our abilities and rotations, and learned how to approach a fight tactically, and since then I haven't really been shy or scared taking on a madness sorc.

Many of us know how our class works very well, the biggest challenge is applying that to other players and the "chess match" that takes place to win a fight. Let's share our experiences, and make sentinels/ mara's a class to be reckoned with :)

For the sake of brevity, reply with one particular class that is your favorite to fight and what you do tactically to win the fight.

Combat Sentinel vs Madness Sorc:

*how to tell the difference- madness sorcs will lead their rotation with force lightning (channeled and horizontal lightning ability)

1. Switch targets when they bubble, then SWITCH BACK :)

2. Their main ability to gain procs is force lightning so save interrupts and cc for that cast and do it as quickly as possible.

3. After interrupting lightning use Force Slow and keep Pacify on CD.

4. I save Force Lift to use as an interrupt for lightning, but it isn't bad to use if you can push them to bubble or kill them

5. If you have the utility that lets you cleanse off dots, use it.

6. If you're playing a good madness sorc the fight will last awhile, so manage DCD's well. They don't put up a lot of front-end damage but it will build as their DOTS get going so I try and get them to bubble quickly (before I'm at 1/2 health ideally) and then after their bubble ends pop GBTF.

Thanks for reading, I hope that helps! Constructive insight to the topic at hand is more than welcome!