Preferred players and artifact colour crystals

Ceinwyn

I'm going to apologise upfront for the rambling...

I recently made the choice to go preferred. I think it's pretty unanimous that the preferred and F2P options are annoyingly restrictive in this game, but it was my choice to drop my sub and I have not yet come across a restriction that I cannot live with, at least temporarily.

The bug is this. I can equip all artifact quality equipment that I used prior to dropping my sub and those items have "previously authorised by subscription" on them. Now, stupidly, I made the mistake of swapping a cartel market colour crystal into my 224 lightsaber (a totally unnecessary move). There was a warning message saying if you proceed, the artifact authorisation will be lost (I haven't been preferred before and to be honest, kind of ignored this so ... my bad).

BUT, now I've figured out how artifact authorisation works for preferred players, I have realised that the colour crystal in question (despite being used repeatedly when I was a sub) now requires a CM-bought artifact equipment authorisation in order to be used. The other colour crystals I have previously unlocked and that I have tried to use as preferred do not have this problem. The bugged crystal for me is the Almond-Blue Eviscerating.

I found this thread on Answers HQ about this exact bug which was raised a year ago and hasn't been resolved. I then decided to submit a ticket (or you know, an email since I'm preferred) and got the standard "this is a bug that needs to be fixed in a future patch" response.

I can only assume at this point that BW is aware of the bug and it's at the absolute bottom of their priority list. I'm sure this post will have no effect either but here it is.