The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Certificate Items (change to CM version)

Rolodome

It's my understanding that a lot of the armor sets on the cartel rep vendors are bugged and don't unlock in collections. I ran into one recently and managed to get CS to help me (thanks CS!) but I think there's a way to solve this bug that's relatively simple and frees up CS for other issues:

Instead of having a unique version that is BoP, put the CM pack version of the sets on those vendors (the BoE version). In theory, this should make them bug-free for unlocking.

The instinct might be that this is a bad idea because now they're tradeable and they'll proliferate across the market out of control (or something). But:

1) To my understanding, the only way to get cartel certificates right now is to get them from old packs, which are only available through returning circulation (which is also the main reason this is coming up as an issue again). If I'm mistaken about this, feel free to correct me.

2) Cartel certificates are already an item that is costly to acquire. You don't get that many, so any armor sets people re-sell from using certificates is not a supply number that is going to be high.

Assuming I'm right about the bug-free part and it isn't more complicated than that, I think this would be a really simple and low-cost way to fix the issues with certificate armors. We already know from the issues with DvL items that the BoP bugs are not something getting solved easily, so I figure this would be a way to guarantee that the certificate problem stays fixed.