Login Service Unavailable

absolutetristan

Since Saturday September 10th, I've been receiving the Log In Service is Unavailable message when trying to log into the game. After signing in and lasting about a couple minutes, the launcher goes into the verifying/updating type mode, and finally goes back to the username/password section and flashes the Login Service Unavailable message...check twitter or check the forums, etc.

Anything I can do? Or is there is a reason for it?

Side note, Between Saturday and Sunday the three times I could actually get to the server selection and character menus, I was instantly given a Server Undergoing Maintenance message.

Again, just trying to figure things out.

Thanks for any help.

Tried removing and adding the firewall rules, added it to the windows defender exceptions, deleted bitraider folder (and let it download/install the game again for hours), restarted PC, tried with and without google's public DNS, all gives the same symptoms.

It changes between "Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection. (208)", or "The login service is currently unavailable", or it actually allows my login but it curiously shows the January 2016 subscriber reward screen, with HK-55. Hitting play mostly closes the launcher, and swtor.exe terminates silently without doing anything. Only once I finally managed for swtor.exe to finally open up the ingame UI, only to be confronted with the server selection UI, but without any servers; both North-America and Europe server lists were empty.

Curiously, the game DID work this afternoon, meaning 12 hours ago. What's wrong?

Edited by FrankTovar

Having the same issues. Also since Wednesday afternoon (09/15/2016).

Support says Vodafone has issues to route requests to login and patch servers. This applies to European Vodafone customers and began yesterday. The issue seems to also affect other MMOs.

Edited by Blizzax

Start with removing and re-addding launcher.exe to the antivirus and firewall exception lists

also doesnt hurt to give the router/modem a reboot as an initial step either

Thanks for the reply.

I had tried the above and still had the same issues.

I'm currently trying a method from one of the other threads with similar issues.

I deleted the bit raider folder. I deleted the movies and assets folders. and I edited the launch.settings file in notepad.

and started up launcher which is now verifying/downloading/updating. We'll see how it goes..

I have the same problem from yesterday in Germany. I have internet from Deutsche Telekom, but I dont know that they use Vodafone network.

I reinstalled the game yesterday. I took almost 24 hours, which normally takes a few hours.

I could play on a starting planet during installation, but with lots of server lost. After 99,99% downloading the game quited and after that I received the same error.

Really annoying and I can not do anything only waiting.

Lets hope the best. I dont want to pay for nothing.

Having the same issues. Also since Wednesday afternoon (09/15/2016).

Support says Vodafone has issues to route requests to login and patch servers. This applies to European Vodafone customers and began yesterday. The issue seems to also affect other MMOs.

I have the same issue since wednesday (vodaphone customer in germany). I know vodaphone is aware that psn doesn't work but I am not sure they know swtor is affected too.

Edited by Ephrial
i wanted to add useful information

Thanks for the reply.

I had tried the above and still had the same issues.

I'm currently trying a method from one of the other threads with similar issues.

I deleted the bit raider folder. I deleted the movies and assets folders. and I edited the launch.settings file in notepad.

and started up launcher which is now verifying/downloading/updating. We'll see how it goes..

Well, after downloading most of the day, nothing has helped.

Still unavailable, servers/characters in maintenance.

Side note, kind sad or humorous, depending on your outlook but every time this happens, I'm always a goal or two away from a achievement, etc.

ETA:

Also ran repairs because I can actually run it now, but that didn't seem to help either.

Edited by absolutetristan

absolutetristan

can you make a post at EA AnswersHQ and insert a screenshot of the server/characters under maintenance you are seeing

also attach the launcher log from the log folder off the main folder and the file called swtor_swtor in the bitraider folder

that is not a normal login issue

Edited by OwenBrooks

I have the same issue since wednesday (vodaphone customer in germany). I know vodaphone is aware that psn doesn't work but I am not sure they know swtor is affected too.

I reported this issue to Vodafone on Thursday. They admitted they know about the problem and are working at it.

Today afternoon Vodafone informed me, that the issue is solved.

I tested this some minutes ago and it seems they are right and the issue is solved.

absolutetristan

can you make a post at EA AnswersHQ and insert a screenshot of the server/characters under maintenance you are seeing

also attach the launcher log from the log folder off the main folder and the file called swtor_swtor in the bitraider folder

that is not a normal login issue

I appreciate all your help.

This past week, I did a complete uninstall and reinstall and I could actually for the most part, log in and get a server/character screen...

but I'd get the infinite load screen...if not the load screen, I'll get booted back to the server list with a "lost connection to server message"

I"ll look into your recommendations.

Edited by absolutetristan
edits, yo