Logging out of game takes forever

NakodaTheJedi

Prior to upgrading my computer (I did it like a week ago, long story) I had this issue all the time. I would usually just wait it out, but dr_mike is right that forcing shutdown is another way to handle it.

I don't know what causes it exactly. I think the game just has some major memory leaks, so the longer you keep it open in a single session, the more likely it is to be super slow.

It's possible it has something to do with bitraider. Thing is, I'm not sure how much an impact bitraider has in this case. When I upgraded, I got a new OS and such, so I re-downloaded the game, but made sure to disable bitraider this time. I also switched up a lot in performance though... SSD, way better processor, etc.

If you're willing to put up with the download time, you could try re-downloading and follow the guide to disable bitraider (if you haven't already done that). It might help some. I'm curious what your specs are as well, so I can compare.

thanks Adric_the_Red

NakodaTheJedi

It maybe best to create a new thread at EA Answers HQ that is best for this type of issue as per the sticky at the top of the forum regarding the bug report forum usage - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=877258

If this is an issue affecting more then one person it is worthwhile finding why a few get this and most do not.

Edited by OwenBrooks