Locked in collection

xXreeedCarnageXx

Hello all first time posting here so ill try to explain it, i got reavers armor top from pack DvL event and i bought the rest off gtn now here is the problem i equipped it all but its saying i only unlock 2/7 which im confused and the set isn't unlocking at all so i can buy it with CC

link explains it all : https://postimg.org/image/xv3kkydrz/

thank you any tips or idea help i tryed Customer support .... lets just say didn't help at all...

Same thing happening to me, I have Reavers and Revered Seer's armour on my smuggler because he's my main DvL character and they're both fully locked in my collection. Tried restarting game, tried equipping them, just sent off a CS ticket to see how useless they're feeling today. There are no bind timers and some parts of the Reaver armour I have had in my cargo bay since pretty much the start of Dark vs Light.

Items in the (bound) DvL packs are bugged - at a guess they got broken in the recent patch to the pack opening/stash interface, since they used to unlock in collections just fine. At the moment the only way to get things to unlock properly in Collections seems to be to file a ticket and pray you get a CS rep with both a clue and some minimal comprehension skills (my luck has varied from "Got a response within 10 minutes, problem was resolved and item unlocked in Collections within 20" to "Waited a day and a half for a response, was told 'there's no issue, [similar-sounding but different] item shows as unlocked in your Collection, go away" (now waiting to see how many days it takes for my follow-up with the screenshot of the equipped item showing "Locked in Collections" to get a response.)

Hello all first time posting here so ill try to explain it, i got reavers armor top from pack DvL event and i bought the rest off gtn now here is the problem i equipped it all but its saying i only unlock 2/7 which im confused and the set isn't unlocking at all so i can buy it with CC

link explains it all : https://postimg.org/image/xv3kkydrz/

thank you any tips or idea help i tryed Customer support .... lets just say didn't help at all...

Did you equip the rest of the set. Thats the only way it will unlock in the full set in the collections page.

Did you equip the rest of the set. Thats the only way it will unlock in the full set in the collections page.

It is a bug, as I have the same issue

Set the full set as a 'costume'

Worn the full set

Added 'mods' to an item

any one of those should have unlocked each piece used on the collections page but nothing did

Thats the only way it will unlock in the full set in the collections page.

From what I can tell, if you pulled it out of a bound DvL pack the only way to get it to unlock in collections is to file a CS ticket (sometimes more than one, depending on luck of the draw). They broke something in a recent update.

Heya a bought a bunch of stronghold hypercrates. I have satele armours, reavers armors etc. None of this comes from dvl packs or events. They all show as "locked in collections" I'm guessing this now applies to all cartel armour?

There are two different things going on here. A recent patch added a feature: a tooltip on all the CM stuff so you'll know right away whether you have something unlocked in collections or not (and if you have it unlocked whether you have an account-wide unlock, an unlock on another character, or an unlock on the character who is looking at the item). It's actually a handy feature, since you can tell at a glance whether you have something unlocked - nice when opening packs or browsing the GTN.

The bug is that (at a guess the same patch) changed the drops from the bound DvL packs so they don't unlock in collections properly (since they bind on pickup, they should be added to collections immediately/when you complete an armour set). As a bonus bug, if you mix'n'match - I got the Satele Upper box from a DvL pack, lucked into the boots and legs from Stronghold packs, and bought the belt on the GTN - the armour pieces that came out of DvL boxes aren't counted towards unlocking the whole set.

There are two different things going on here. A recent patch added a feature: a tooltip on all the CM stuff so you'll know right away whether you have something unlocked in collections or not (and if you have it unlocked whether you have an account-wide unlock, an unlock on another character, or an unlock on the character who is looking at the item). It's actually a handy feature, since you can tell at a glance whether you have something unlocked - nice when opening packs or browsing the GTN.

Not exactly. The folks at BW need to be more consistent about indicating whether something is merely "added" to your Collections, and actually "unlocked".

This is further complicated by the fact that items are automatically "unlocked" for the character that "added" them - that character can retrieve additional copies from Collections at no cost. But they are still "locked" for your other characters - they cannot retrieve copies from Collections until you pay the coins to unlock the item for your account.

As it is now, the tooltip saying "Unlocked for Character in Collections" lets you know that it was unlocked by some character, somewhere on your account, but not whether it is in fact "unlocked" for the current character, so he or she can retrieve additional copies of it from Collections.

Examples:

I have added the Advanced Slicer armor set to my Collections, and paid the coins to unlock it. For pieces of this set (and the various complete or partial "set" boxes) the tooltip says, "Unlocked for Account in Collections", no matter what character I am on when I look at it. This is fine.

I also have acquired and used the full Spectre armor set with Character A. That charcter and only that character, can get additional copies of it for himself and/or his companions. If I look at any part of that set with Character A, the tooltip says, "Unlocked for Character in Collections". Which is OK, because that set is "unlocked" for that character.

But for Character B, who does not have that armor set, the tooltip also says, "Unlocked for Character in Collections". This is not true. My Collections says I have "added it from another character", and if I want to retrieve copies of it for my character, I need to pay to unlock it. The tooltip should indicate it is "added" to my Collections, but still "locked" for Character B.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

In case of the armor sets I don't even get the collections tooltip when hovering over the pieces.

I got parts of the Freedon Nadd's set as a DvL reward, and bought the missing pieces on the GTN. Equipped everything, but only the GTN bought parts register as collected.

So I just opened a ticket with CS, and I'll see how it goes...

A speeder and a lightsaber crystal I got from the first batch of DvL crates registered in the collections as usual.

My ticket about Freedon Naad armor got closed and the item still locked in collection. They said that Tait will decide if their promises of DvL stuff being unlocked in collections will actually be kept, and that they can't unlock it manually for some reason. Of course this was confirmed before by Tait but I guess we need the confirmation of the confirmation of the announcement now.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8983324#edit8983324

Let us know if you get a different solution for the same issue and the same armor set.

I guess for now I will just not claim any other rewards from DvL and wait until Bioware officially recognizes that there is a problem and then a fix.

Edited by MegaTherions

I had the same issue with the same armor set, and it got resolved - and rather quickly, I might add.

Freedon Nadd's armor set has been manually unlocked in the collections by CS, as well as the other armor set where I had the same issue.

The mail reply states that it is a bug that the armor pieces from the DvL boxes are not shown in the collections, and that if I had another set not unlocking, it can get manually unlocked as well.

The exact words in the mail (in German, sorry):

Es tut mir leid, dass das Freedon Nadd und das Ceremonial Mystic Armor Set nicht automatisch bei dir in der Collection freigeschaltet wurden. Ich habe mir deinen Char Rihali auf Vanjervalis Chain angeschaut und konnte die Rüstung nun manuell freigeben. Leider handelt es sich derzeit um einen Bug, dass die Rüstungssetteile aus den Hell gegen Dunkel Packs in der Collection angezeigt werden. Solltest du noch ein weiteres Set vervollständigen und dieses auch nicht in die Collection gehen, eröffne bitte ein neues Ticket und wir werden uns auch darum kümmern.

An dieser Stelle nochmals Entschuldigung für die Umstände!