Patch Issue ANNOYING!!!

WillemHattingh

Just after Update 4.7.1 has been released My launcher refuses to update to new version I log in and this is this error... "Your current game version does not match the server's, please restart the game. Follow the Help Center link below for more information. PLEASE HELP... I AM PAYING FOR THIS GAME AND THIS IS AFFECTING MY GAME TIME!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad::eek::confused:

I'm having this issue as well. Haven't had BitRaider installed since before KotFE launched, so I know it's not that. Ran repair, and then it says the game is trying to patch, but always ends up with the "There is an issue with your network connection (error 208)" or whatever the message is in the client. If I launch the game, I too get the error message about the game not being patched, but can still go on live servers by just double clicking on one of my toons. Idk how I can get on live servers with improper patch, but there it is. I've tried 4 different times to do the repair installation bit, but always get the same result. Idk what the hell is going on with this game anymore

Well, who knows how many hours later, after re-downloading all 28 odd gigabytes of this game, I'm still stuck in the same boat. Deleted the "assets_swtor_main.version" file to force a redownload of the game, and once it completed, went to launch the game. Apparently the version that downloaded was still 4.7a, because I ONCE AGAIN got the "wrong version" error in game. Game closed, reopened. No patching. Run repair, wait 10 minutes and poof, Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection. (208). Strangely enough, I am on the internet right now, so...I know it's not my network adapter or connection. The game worked fine yesterday, and I'm pretty much at wits end with this game at this point. Not likely for this to get any attention or traction, but hey, MAYBE someone that works at bioware will notice this and try to be helpful. I won't hold my breath.

Most instances of "version that downloaded was still xxx, because I ONCE AGAIN got the "wrong version" error in game"

Is usually some form of transparent proxying at the ISP level , Israel has cropped up with this issue a few times for example, solution is simply wait 24- 48 hrs after patch release in their case and it catches up. (but it occurs every patch for those seen historically).

Likely cause is when it downloads the manifest from manifest.swtor.com to say what to download its a cached copy, the launcher is like a web browser in that regards.

What region/isp are you all ?

Edited by OwenBrooks