Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Hatred sin needs love

Belpheghor

The last Sorc nerf also nerfed Hatred, why I ask? Madness was a bit OP, but Hatred lacks all the self healing a madness sorc has and is nearly just as squishy.

My suggestion would be to raise the self heals off our 2 primary dots. 10% healing is bunk for a squishy melee class that lacks the big burst that other squishy melee classes like Mara have. I'm cool with Death Field staying 5m range, but our 2 dots should be raised higher than 10% self heals. They were fine at 25%, or even a bit higher.

You are not as squishy as you think you are. Rotate your defensives and time your heals (never use a skill that heals you if you are at full health for example, which yes means you have to go "off script" from your rotation at times).

Fully PvE equipped, I walked into an arena. 4 shadows on my team ( 3 infiltration, I was serenity which is the shadow's hatred) against a merc, sorc, jugg and mara. One of the infiltrators was whining about me being pve equiped and how we are gonna lose and I am going to suck...I out damaged, out healed, out protected (you have a taunt, USE IT!) oh, and I solo killed the sorc BOTH MATCHES while fending off the mara. The whiner? Charged straight in both times and got gutted like a fish while the rest of us weren't idiots and took round about routes and actually made stealth work for us. 2nd match I was tanking their whole team for most the match, cycling my skills as needed and holding off on stuns and such unless their resolve bar was a breath from filling. Cycle your heals while kiting (which is something you can do pretty well as serenity/hatred) and you can be surprised how much that 10% actually can do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.