HUGE server lag and endless loading screen

Tibi-Fit

Since the day when was lag on all of the servers, I started to encounter HUGE Server lag problems. It NOT from my internet connection, everything works fine, except for the game.

I even had over 115.000 Server Lag and it was going even higher, but I forcelly stopped the game

Here in the screenshot you can see that I had 94k Lag

I'm never getting kicked, I can stay there for hours and nothing happens. This is happening quite often, I tryied to restart my router for many times, but there is no difference, my internet works perfectly, everything works.. in the game is a different story.. is like I don't have internet at all.

And when this is happening and I'm trying to restart the game and I'm getting endless loading screens, I can't get into my character selection, to fix this endless loading screen I've deleted the "DiskCacheArena" file, as I seen into an old thread here, this is fixing the loading screen, but sometimes I still need to do more tryies. But the Server Lag still continues.. why is this happening and what should I do?

Edited by Tibi-Fit

that sort of timing isnt a ping time its a disconnect timer

Remove and re-add exception for launcher.exe and swtor.exe in the antivirus and firewall initially

grab http://www.pingplotter.com and set it to say http://www.google.com when you are trying to connect ingame and see if the ping changes drastically in the graph.

These sorts of issues are best at EA Answers HQ

Run a game repair just to be sure

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, With the new launcher after login , select the username pulldown on the top right and select settings, then press repair.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut,

select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher

Edited by OwenBrooks

Thank you for answering

I'm not using an antivirus, I will check the windows firewall

I tried to repair, the button doesn't pop-up, it sais there is nothing to repair. I also tried to delete the BitRaider folder to repatch the game, it didn't worked.

I'm not sure what pingplotter is, right now I'm reinstalling the game to see if it's some sort of a bug, after this I will try the pingplotter to see if it works

pingplotter is a user friendly version of 'tracert' which will show you the path you take to the address you put into it (and repeat it indefinitely) (other similar programs are available)

The following are also worth checking using pingplotter

launchpad.swtor.com

If you play on an East Coast server: 159.153.92.28

If you play on a West Coast server: 159.153.68.252

If you play on a European server: 159.153.72.252

and a guide to ip issues is at http://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-The-Old-Republic/Guide-to-identify-network-issues-for-Swtor/td-p/4845147

Edited by GythralSWTOR