Koth romance question [asking for spoilers]

ForjKlahaa

I don't know if anyone has tried this but I have a DS1 Shadow I'm about to take through KOTFE and I want to do the Koth romance but also make some DS decisions.

I know if I let the reactor blow he won't even talk to you in the cantina to do the romance but what about if you're already romancing him and then choose the DS decision in Chapter X that makes him leave. Does he still leave if you are in a romance? I heard he comes back later regardless. Is the romance on or off if that happens?

I'm bored of doing 100% LS playthroughs and I haven't romanced Koth yet but I really like this character and I don't want them to be forever alone.

I romanced Koth with my DS warrior, I blew the reactor but when I spoke to him while out collecting ship parts and he confronted me about it I just said it wont happen again and he was good. I made a few more DS choices through the chapters and still locked in a romance with him at the cantina. I finished chapter 16 and he never left.

I romanced Koth with my DS warrior, I blew the reactor but when I spoke to him while out collecting ship parts and he confronted me about it I just said it wont happen again and he was good. I made a few more DS choices through the chapters and still locked in a romance with him at the cantina. I finished chapter 16 and he never left.

This is the first i heard that you can blow the reactor and still romance him. I tried him on another character, blew the reactor, said sorry about it in the swamp and flirted with him through 9 chapters, got the kiss before fighting Arcann and he still told me to screw off even though I was pretty light sided with that character. I was more of a pragmatist than an evil pr-ck.

I'm not 100% sure since I haven't played it through, but I THINK he doesn't leave if you lie to him about why you did it. Something about "That wasn't the plan" or something. Basically just fib and go "oopsie, it was all Kaliyo".

I will probably do this but I kinda want to know what happens if he leaves and comes back. Whether he forgives you or not.

This is the first i heard that you can blow the reactor and still romance him. I tried him on another character, blew the reactor, said sorry about it in the swamp and flirted with him through 9 chapters, got the kiss before fighting Arcann and he still told me to screw off even though I was pretty light sided with that character. I was more of a pragmatist than an evil pr-ck.

Did you do what he wanted you to do at the end of chapter 16? (trying not to spoil)

I've had lS characters that didn't do that and he stormed off at the end even though he'd been cool throughout. With my character that romanced him I did the thing at the end and he stayed.

Did you do what he wanted you to do at the end of chapter 16? (trying not to spoil)

I've had lS characters that didn't do that and he stormed off at the end even though he'd been cool throughout. With my character that romanced him I did the thing at the end and he stayed.

I never got as far as Ch.16 with a romanced Koth. I'm just trying to get past Ch.9 without him storming off in the cantina. Or is that what you meant because I can't think what he asked if that's the case?

I never got as far as Ch.16 with a romanced Koth. I'm just trying to get past Ch.9 without him storming off in the cantina. Or is that what you meant because I can't think what he asked if that's the case?

Ah, my mistake, I thought you had reached cpt 16 when you mentioned kissing him before fighting Arcann.

Not sure why then he is storming off in the Cantina. When you check his profile on the interation section has he more approval of things you've done. Helping out the refugees in the swamps, choosing him over Senya to talk to the Heralds? I think those choices contribute. Like I said if you blow the reactor but promise not to do it again he is ok with that.

Ah, my mistake, I thought you had reached cpt 16 when you mentioned kissing him before fighting Arcann.

Not sure why then he is storming off in the Cantina. When you check his profile on the interation section has he more approval of things you've done. Helping out the refugees in the swamps, choosing him over Senya to talk to the Heralds? I think those choices contribute. Like I said if you blow the reactor but promise not to do it again he is ok with that.

So i'm going to sound dumb but... there's an Interaction Section where you can check past approvals etc? How did I not know about this? :o

So i'm going to sound dumb but... there's an Interaction Section where you can check past approvals etc? How did I not know about this? :o

When you click N for crew and contacts if you click on Koth, on the right will be his profile and below that is his interaction section, it will tell you about things he liked or hated on what you have done.

When you click N for crew and contacts if you click on Koth, on the right will be his profile and below that is his interaction section, it will tell you about things he liked or hated on what you have done.

I feel like an idiot that I didn't even know this was a thing. Thanks for the education :)

I'll take a look at my failed Koth romance character and see what I did wrong. I think it was that I didn't take him to see the Heralds of Zildrog.

I feel like an idiot that I didn't even know this was a thing. Thanks for the education :)

I'll take a look at my failed Koth romance character and see what I did wrong. I think it was that I didn't take him to see the Heralds of Zildrog.

No worries, we all have to learn things from somewhere :)

I think the things you have to go by is when you make a decision and the pop up says something like, your actions will be remembered or, so and so will remember your kindness or cruelty. Those I think are the ones that will show up in the interaction section and the more positive opinions you have there, the less likely that person is going to walk out on you. And if you can smooth things over with them after the negative actions the better your chances of keeping them as well.

Some of those responses for characters are bugged though. In the case of Koth and Senya, they both make mention that they appreciated you not destroying the Spire, even if you did, and in Koth's case, even if it's alongside another notification that he was horrified about you destroying the Spire.

So I managed it. For anyone else wondering:

There are three incidents recorded in the companion log, I believe you need 2 out of 3 to go Koth's way if you let the sun reactor blow. They are:

1) Shutting down the sun reactor

2) Helping the exiles in the swamp

3) Taking Koth to see the Heralds of Zildrog

I let the reactor blow and did the other two and he was fine in the cantina. On another playthrough I shut down the reactor but ignored him and didn't do the other two things (I'm pretty sure) and he was also fine. I also gave oppressive speeches and it didn't seem to affect the outcome at all.

Also the poster above was correct that you can destroy the spire with Kaliyo and then just say the whole thing was an accident and he doesn't leave. I feel like that is going to come back to bite me in the ar*e at some point though,