Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Playing in First Person Mode

Mando

Just curious if anyone has actually played through the game in first person, as in all the way zoomed in. I realize how terribly impractical it is for an MMO but from the few times I've done it I've found the environments to be much more immersive and the characters around me seem more alive. This would obviously be a single player experience, and I admit I haven't really tried it for more than a minute or two at a time but I was wondering if anyone else has played the game this way and what their experiences were like?

Just curious if anyone has actually played through the game in first person, as in all the way zoomed in. I realize how terribly impractical it is for an MMO but from the few times I've done it I've found the environments to be much more immersive and the characters around me seem more alive. This would obviously be a single player experience, and I admit I haven't really tried it for more than a minute or two at a time but I was wondering if anyone else has played the game this way and what their experiences were like?

Nope. Most MMOs are not built to be played in the first person perspective. That's why environments and buildings are usually impractically large in MMOs due to the third person camera. The only AAA MMO that has a sensible first person experience is ESO. It's still not practical for PvP or PvE due to lack of situational awareness, but it's incredibly immersive and you can appreciate the environments and attention to detail more.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.