Taral V -- can't get solo mode

AnisaBadgett

I tried first talking to droid on Fleet, then go to Telos and talked to Oteg. Tried to click shuttle button in mission list, it said "you are not in solo mode you can't use this."

Could not reset the instance and yes, I know how to do that. Got no "phase" option, just PvP toggle

Abandoned, tried talking to the NPC on the Telos, talked to Oteg again, same thing.

I have looked at several online guides, but they are all old and mostly focused on old Hard Mode.

I thought Taral V and Maelstrom Prison were still supposed to be solo. How do I get it then?

I noticed there's no map marker on this quest, even though you're at the area you need to be for the FP anyway, and the button you clicked was not the shuttle but the droid that accompanies you in the FP so it will give that error if you're not inside the FP.

So what you do is when you step outside Oteg's room, go up the lift and once there you will see 2 FP entrances, Taral V and Maelstrom Prison, just walk into the correct FP phase.

Edited by Mowermanx

OK, that was it. Since there was no mission triangle when I tried that elevator (or as you say, no other map indicators), i didn't go down there, although it was also late at night so I probably wasn't thinking, either.

Thanks, someone else in my guild was having the same problem the other day.

Edit: Same thing happens for Maelstrom Prison, so do the same thing to get to it.

Edited by AnisaBadgett
new info