Gemini Impossible

SkartanKressh

I'm a max level sith marauder, and I no matter how hard i try cant get past the skytrooper ambush. Is anyone else having this trouble? I even tried heroic mode and it wont get me past the boss. Is there a way bioware can fix this so the droid isnt so difficult or powerful so I can get on with KotFE? Thanks!

I'm a max level sith marauder, and I no matter how hard i try cant get past the skytrooper ambush. Is anyone else having this trouble? I even tried heroic mode and it wont get me past the boss. Is there a way bioware can fix this so the droid isnt so difficult or powerful so I can get on with KotFE? Thanks!

I don't have a Marauder (or Sentinel) high enough in level (Mara 51, Senti 43) to try this, but I've done the full length of KotFE on two different Gunnery Commandos and on a Lightning Sorc. The Sorc had mostly 208 gear from the crystal vendors, no augments, and epically horrible relics. (I seem to recall she had a 148 and a 194 or something stupid like that, but I might be wrong. If I was wrong, I wasn't *much* wrong.)

Key point: I don't even remember this fight. The Constructor fight is somewhat memorable, and the Captain more so, but the "skytrooper ambush"? No clue which fight that's even referring to. (If you mean the big fight when you arrive in the hangar on the enemy ship, don't forget to play games with knock-back skills when they are near the edge.)

So, some advice:

* Make sure your gear is up to scratch. 190 greens from the level 60 vendor on the Fleet offer good value for the crystals they cost, while 208 purples are worth saving crystals for, to get the extra edge they'll give you. Don't neglect your implants/earpiece/relics.

* Make sure your companion is ranked up a bit. A Rank 1 companion will cause you problems.

* Make sure you have your rotation fully developed.

* Do all the normal heavy-foe-fight things: don't stand in AoE damage and other "stupid". Use defensive abilities. Use anti-CC skills (the only one I know the name of is the Trooper's Hold The Line that stops you being knocked down / back, etc.)

Steamrolled this on my mara. Without knowing your gear, comp level, or specs it's hard to say where to start, though Steve up there gave a pretty good rundown of the basics.

Also, I'd add to try a comp that is a known effective tank, like Pierce or Broonmark. Xalek is pretty good as well. I know the idea of having a comp as anything but a healer is blasphemy to some people, but some fights are a lot easier when everything in the room isn't laser-focused on the glass cannon. Avoiding ground smash and quickly killing one mob at a time while the tank distracts them is also a good strategy for maras facing a zerg-rush of mobs.

Also, I'd add to try a comp that is a known effective tank, like Pierce or Broonmark.

If it's the big fight, you can't choose your companion. You'll get, if I recall correctly, Lana with NPCs around called Theron Shan, Senya Tyrall, and SCORPIO, but I might have the wrong one as the actual companion rather than one of the NPCs.

If it's the big fight, you can't choose your companion. You'll get, if I recall correctly, Lana with NPCs around called Theron Shan, Senya Tyrall, and SCORPIO, but I might have the wrong one as the actual companion rather than one of the NPCs.

Interesting, yeah. I think that might have been the first time in months I used a med-pack.

On that note, buying decent stims and medpacks on fleet can help as well. Maras also have "force-camouflage", which can (usually) dump aggro if you're taking too much heat.

Interesting, yeah. I think that might have been the first time in months I used a med-pack.

Last time I used a med-pack was 2013. I've used stims a few times for a bit more Power or Mastery, but I don't bother with one-per-fight heals.

My Commando main relied on being able to blast the (...) out of the skytroopers, while being well 'ard (seriously, I've had comments that sounded like complaints from my guildies (especially the tanks) about how much damage she does and consequently how much threat she generates).

My DvL Lightning Sorc isn't nearly as tough as the Commando, but still didn't need any of that med-pack stuff.

If it's the ambush with Scorpio then get her affection level to 10 at least. If you still struggle then turn her to DMG and have her dish out damage to kill it quickly.

If you're talking about the Constructor with Senya, then get Senya's level up to 13-15 at least. Turn Senya to TANK. Kill it! If he goes to the console then speed run over there with the speed boost and disable the console so he cannot create more skytroopers. Beat the crap out of him. Should not take long, but you'll need at least 190 gear or higher. If you're not, then go do some heroics to get crystals and don't forget to go to the commander's room after turning in crates to get the alliance level up rewards too. The commander crates will have good companion gifts. Once you max out on common crystal gear then use your crystals to buy companion gifts from the companion gift seller on Odsessen just outside of the Galactic market.

Scorpio - tech

Senya - luxury

Lana - cultural artifact

Forget about Theron and the rest. Don't bother leveling up Scorpio past 15. Not necessary. Same with Senya.