Companion Nerf, they never die!!

Chiltonium

So I havn't played in a while, and I heard companions were nerfed. One of the main reasons I quit was because I didn't even need to play the game. The content was so easy my companion could simply kill everything for me. Way different than any other bioware game.

So I come back, and, well, they DO do less damage now it seems, however they are damn near immortal. I've been running flashpoints with just Khem Val and if he loses HP i'm impressed.

• 2 years later...

The issue here is that ALL combat is based entirely on aoe combat and without a companion to heal or tank (depending on the class you are playing) the combat gets more harder and tedious for the rewards you get.

I would suggest that they remove the companions being there to fight with you or for you and the companions should only be there for cutscenes and quests that require them to be there and only for cutscenes and nothing else and each companion gives a passive buff, which depending on which role you set will give you extra reduction in damage taken or heals you for x amount every few seconds and so on.

The problem with alot of players is that they look for ways to make it as easy as possible and then when they find it, they use it and then complain about it being too easy.

Whenever i play Jedi sage or Sith Sorcerer, i always set my companions to tank mode to keep the enemy off of me, since my armor is well.....**** and if you want the companions nerfed, then bioware will need to remove the need for them.

It would be interesting if they added in bonus rewards for not using your companion at all and when it comes to solo'ing content, i honestly prefer to be on my own, since players tend to expect perfection at all times and if they don't get it, they have a hissy fit and cry to mommy or something....either way, it sucks out any desire to group up with anyone.

I remember when group content was challenging, but people learnt how to do it, by doing it, now its 'read the tactics before you join a group or you will be kicked for being a noob.' type of community.....quite sad and pathetic if you ask me.

Ultimately, they designed this game to be highly solo'able and so they had to make companions more stronger to allow that to be possible and i can assure you, i have tried solo'ing flashpoints and you just can't.

My companion, while set to tank mode.....dies WAY too fast to kill the boss, i think in flashpoints in Veteran mode or above, companions should be disabled and the group should be comprised entirely of players and zero companions.

Also, if they nerfed companions......again, they would have to balance all combat encounters to compensate the increased difficulties.

That is a horrible idea! I have tried dismissing my companion to make things harder, but it just doesn't feel like the same game without them. Companions are one of the elements that makes this game unique.

I actually prefer companions the way they are.Makes game easy and fun.

I've got enough problems IRL to solve and I just want to enjoy the game.

So we all have to be forced to play easy mode because that's how you want it? And what about the people that don't want to play that way? What about the ones that want a challenge, screw them?

OP, the problem is how they tied Presence to companion Influence now, so as you gain influence with your companion, they get stronger. Although, they seem pretty capable to me even at Influence level 1, but it just gets ridiculous from there on out. There has to be a better way than this to control companion strength.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

You can leave your companions passive or send them away. I often do that.

Companions instead of heal, put on tank.

Influence not higher than 10.

That is another terrible idea that I have tried that has the same effect as dismissing them. Putting them on passive so they just stand there while you get pummeled is counter to the whole purpose of companions. I have my comps set to DPS. Setting them to tank yields very little difference from healer. No matter what you set them to, all fights are easy enough for kids and grandmas to get through. Victory doesn't feel earned at all. It's handed to you on a silver platter.

You are telling people how to play the game. How would you like it if you were told, "shutup and deal with it?" I bet you wouldn't like it either, and Jamie's suggestion is even worse, going even one step further and eliminating companions from combat. That would change the whole feeling of the game. Why do you guys even play? You want a completely different game than what this is.

This game has been dumbed down far enough, but that goes beyond dumbing down to changing the fundamentals. If they want to dumb it down any further or change an element so tied to the game's identity, then they need to introduce a challenge mode or server for players that want to earn their victory.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

So I havn't played in a while, and I heard companions were nerfed. One of the main reasons I quit was because I didn't even need to play the game. The content was so easy my companion could simply kill everything for me. Way different than any other bioware game.

So I come back, and, well, they DO do less damage now it seems, however they are damn near immortal. I've been running flashpoints with just Khem Val and if he loses HP i'm impressed.

i guess you run FP in story mode :) coz yuo cant run HM FPs with just your comp nor the VMs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.