Fix the titles that make no sense

Kolskeggur

So, upon reaching the end of Chapter 3 on my Dark Side Jedi Guardian, I was not shocked to hear that Grandmaster Satele would not make me a master and grant me a spot on the Jedi Council. I mean, why would she? I was dark side. Instead, Admiral Dabrin elected to grant me the rank of General in the Republic Army, a common thing for Jedi more oriented towards action than meditation. So long, so good.

But then what? To my surprise, I was not actually granted this title - instead, for some reason beyond comprehension, which doesn't fit into the game at all - I was given the title Master. It is... stupid. It feels wrong. It' doesn't match what actually happens. It's not lore-friendly.

I don't want a Master title that makes no sense whatsoever on my Dark Side Knight - I want the appropriate General title. I've seen in old threads that these were removed due to whining from people who could not understand what consequences means in the beta, and that's just ********.

Please Bioware, give these titles back. It's just ridiculous that we're given titles that the cutscenes very clearly tells use we don't get.

Please Bioware, give these titles back. It's just ridiculous that we're given titles that the cutscenes very clearly tells use we don't get.

The word is that back in the day, late beta testing if I've heard it right, people complained because:

* Their DS JK didn't get "Master"

* Their SW of any alignment didn't get Darth, even though the story doesn't make the SW a Darth.

So they changed it so that all JKs got the Master title, and SWs got a Darth title that isn't supported by the story.

The word is that back in the day, late beta testing if I've heard it right, people complained because:

* Their SW of any alignment didn't get Darth, even though the story doesn't make the SW a Darth.

So they changed it so that all JKs got the Master title, and SWs got a Darth title that isn't supported by the story.

The original title that SWs got was simply "<name>, The Wrath"

And you are right. I was in beta and what many of them complained/whined about was horrible. We used to be able to kill companions in the main story. Heck you could kill Kaliyo on Hutta even! They simply replaced her with an agent from headquarters (who had a much better personality IMO in line with an agent, a companion that legitimately wants to watch your back). Remember Praven from the JK story? There is another companion you used to be able to get...at least they use him though later on in your story if you keep him alive. Or Jaxo from the Trooper? Yup, yet another companion that would have been amazing (and yes that mission later on would have had a much greater impact as if you chose the greater good you would lose an actual companion).

A lot of that was removed because of taking some companions meant you lost the option later to have a different one. Which meant you could lose access to your healing companion for example. Or you could end up killing your healing companion (Quinn). The whining from those who wanted to be crafters but killed almost all their companions was legion as well.

Basically the vast majority wanted no consequences for their actions to negitively impact them.

Hell your rewards used to vary pretty wildly depending on what you said in conversations even! Asking for more of a reward could net you more of a reward, or less of one. Being a good person would leave you with less money yes, but you also ended up with some nicely powerful relics you couldn't get any other way for their level, or unique looking armor.

The original title that SWs got was simply "<name>, The Wrath"

And you are right. I was in beta and what many of them complained/whined about was horrible. We used to be able to kill companions in the main story. Heck you could kill Kaliyo on Hutta even! They simply replaced her with an agent from headquarters (who had a much better personality IMO in line with an agent, a companion that legitimately wants to watch your back). Remember Praven from the JK story? There is another companion you used to be able to get...at least they use him though later on in your story if you keep him alive. Or Jaxo from the Trooper? Yup, yet another companion that would have been amazing (and yes that mission later on would have had a much greater impact as if you chose the greater good you would lose an actual companion).

A lot of that was removed because of taking some companions meant you lost the option later to have a different one. Which meant you could lose access to your healing companion for example. Or you could end up killing your healing companion (Quinn). The whining from those who wanted to be crafters but killed almost all their companions was legion as well.

Basically the vast majority wanted no consequences for their actions to negitively impact them.

Hell your rewards used to vary pretty wildly depending on what you said in conversations even! Asking for more of a reward could net you more of a reward, or less of one. Being a good person would leave you with less money yes, but you also ended up with some nicely powerful relics you couldn't get any other way for their level, or unique looking armor.

RIP consequences

Yeah, so it's high time to turn this around and make it as it should be then. Hopefully all those ridiculous crybabies have long since quit, and even if they haven't, they should just suck it up. Bioware shouldn't compromise with story stuff just because some idiot decides to go Dark Side and get surprised to not become a Master......

Yeah, so it's high time to turn this around and make it as it should be then. Hopefully all those ridiculous crybabies have long since quit, and even if they haven't, they should just suck it up. Bioware shouldn't compromise with story stuff just because some idiot decides to go Dark Side and get surprised to not become a Master......

More likely that the crybabies have been replaced by other crybabies. I think the main obstacle to this is their reluctance to mess (much) with the classic (Chapters 1-3) class stories.

Well, aside from moving all manner of mission-giver NPCs around, deleting phases that are no longer accessible (e.g. the one where you went after the Coruscant H2 in the Jedi Temple), removing H2 mission-giver NPCs, etc.