Sith Purebloods that arent Force-sensitive?

Julmor

Im trying to find out more about this topic. Ive heard different things about the lore. Some claim its quite common that purebloods who arent forcesensitive are "disposed off" in an early age because theyre deemed inferior (since the vast majority of purebloods are force-sensitive). Others say that theyre treated the same as people in other races who arent force-sensitive.

Im sort of trying to come up with a backstory for a sith purenlood character, so i need to know more about the subject. Anyone who can shed any light on the subject matter?

It worked like that in the Old Sith Empire. But Purebloods are much more rare now, especially true Purebloods. The ruling species in the Sith Empire is the human, even though Sith are superior. Because of this, Purebloods no longer disregard non-Force sensitives, otherwise they wiuld go extinct very soon (remember most Sith never reach parenthood).

We do have examples of non-Force sensitive purebloods in game.

Sith Pureblood Imperial navy officers on Belsavis in one of the Jedi storylines

Sith Pureblood researcher/intelligence agent on Voss

It's pretty much that it's extremely rare for Sith Purebloods to have absolutely 0 Force sensitivity and a place is found for them regardless of ability in the Pureblood culture. Now, we also have to consider the points of the Purebloods are highly concerned about eventually becoming extinct so if there was something about killing off non-Force sensitive Purebloods, it's not in practice now.

As much of my character roster are Sith Purebloods, for my non-Force users, I've used the 'wouldn't've survived Korriban' reason for my Pureblood Smuggler and 'still contributing to the Empire somehow' reason for my Pureblood Bounty Hunter.

It could be a degree of force sensitivity.

In fact if you look at the PLAYER character I see this regardless of class as a force sensitive, even to an extent force user.

But only the sith/jedi classes being either interested in THAT persue of force powers, while others make due with "an edge".

On Tython, Jedi classes start planet there is an aspiring jedi that fails.

Again, I can see sith being non force sensitive, but in this game I see them more as being not force trained.

If MOBs/BOSSes , they generally have some "over ability" that would set them appart form their mundane peers, and again something that could be explained by the force, being more then just jedi and sith.

I wouldn't care too much about Lore in SWTOR.

In "The Old Republic: Revan" book, all purebloods are force sensitive as a biological trait,( part of the reason they are seen as the master race) and alien slaves are not allowed by imperial law to earn their way out of slavery, force sensitive or not. If, by chance, a pureblood was born non-force sensitive, they would be thrown into the alien category, where they would spend their life as a slave or just be killed at birth. There would be no way around this, as this is Imperial law.

Edited by cool-dude

I wouldn't care too much about Lore in SWTOR.

In "The Old Republic: Revan" book, all purebloods are force sensitive as a biological trait,( part of the reason they are seen as the master race) and alien slaves are not allowed by imperial law to earn their way out of slavery, force sensitive or not. If, by chance, a pureblood was born non-force sensitive, they would be thrown into the alien category, where they would spend their life as a slave or just be killed at birth. There would be no way around this, as this is Imperial law.

You are right. But times change, rules change. Around our time, Sith Purebloods are quite near to extinction. Of course they won't disappear soon, but their numbers are low enough that they wouldn't kill anyone for not being Force sensitive. And how could any not be sensitive when it's their species main trait? Sith Purebloods are not from actually true pure Sith bloodline these times, with their bloodline weakened, mutations could appear (also random mutations, but not count those).