Knights of the Fallen Empire is Crashing Like Crazy

pyro_princess

I've only completed chapter 1 and into chapter 2 so far, and there's been 4 crashes so far: Where you release your starship cutscene, the cutscene for when you defeat the last droid in the engine room, and twice right at the beginning of Chapter 2 when it shows a close-up of your character's face. It just crashes right to the desktop and says "Program Isn't Working". I have to log back into the game and redo the scenes over again. It's agitating me quite heavily. The game constantly crashes when I try to spacebar through the cutscenes and when the cutscenes change from one part to another. Any ideas?

COMPUTER SPECS

LAPTOP

Windows 7

Intel Core I7 Processor (4 cores, 8 threads) at 2.3 GHz Per Core with Level 3 Cache

8 GB of DDR3 Ram

NVidia GeForce GT 540M (2 GB) Video Card and Intel HD Graphics (2 GB) Video Card [My Laptop has 2 Video Cards]

1366x768 Resolution

Edited by pyro_princess

With the game closed go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor and delete just the file called diskcachearena then start the launcher again

lower gfx settings as well to test on the crashes

other then that tried an older video driver version , recent drivers for example are problematic and mobility drivers are prone to more issues then desktop.

Generic mobility driver issue maybe in which case it may be confined to certain versions

Shaders are the cause of the black splotches issue in the latest version for example however I wouldnt say that particular issue is causing crashing

Good to hear you narrowed down the cause, maybe try a different driver version is worthwhile otherwise just leave as is for now until further driver versions are released and keep trying to see if good.