Can't start game

Stepark

Ever since patch 4.7 I've had problems actually starting the game. At first i had to log on a couple of times before the game would start, I'd press play but nothing would happen. It got so i was logging on up to 5 times before the 'Play' button actually started the game. So i ran 'AVG PC Clean' to see if it was just a messy pc problem but no, now i can't play at all.

After i log on it changes screen as it should but instead of the play button lighting up, the reddish 'install' bar slides along the bottom straight to 100% then just stays that way.

I've tried everything i can think of short of a complete new install, somebody please help

This link will likely help

check the following as an initial step

Windows key + R and type

services.msc

press enter and scrolldown to bitraider mini support service stub loader

ensure this services is running

That forum the link takes you too is the best place to post for launcher issues per this sticky rather then here

Edited by OwenBrooks

Every time I'm logging in, the game isn't downloading patch 4.7a. Instead, it quotes, "This application has encountered an unspecified error. Please try this patch again." I've redone the process, only to have that message pop up on the screen again. Any ideas?

This.

Anyone?

With the launcher closed

Right mouse click the windows taskbar and open task manager

End all Bitraider processes like bitraider mini support service stub loader

only then right mouse click on the game shortcut , select open file location and then delete the bitraider folder

Then start the launcher

If it persists post at EA Answers HQ