PC v Monitor refresh rate issue

RogerWeston

After the latest patch (4.7), if I use the windows key while the game is running to go to desktop, the game is resetting the PC refresh rate to a setting higher than my monitor can handle(60Hz max for it), which then causes the screen to be black and display a message saying 'Input signal out of range'. T o resolve the problem you then have to restart the PC, enter the boot menu and set to 'Low res video' and then obviously change screensize/refresh rate back to what it was when you get the screen back on. After much Googling I discovered the same issue happened with patch 1.2 back in 2012. It's a bit of a bugger as it means if you need to google something game related while you're playing, you're going to need to keep totally exiting the game.

Just push ALT + Enter if that occurs, should correct, without knowing hardware, initially try a previous video driver version and see if it persists

Confirm the settings are correct in the client_settings file it gains this information from the EDID

Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time

Copy the following in to the text box and press ok

%localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings

Open the client_settings.ini file in notepad and ensure the following are displayed within

RefreshRate = 60

Check NativeHeight, NativeWidth, Height and Width ( all 4 ) match your monitor resolution.

Save and close the file.

Start the game as normal.

Change graphic settings within the game as desired.

Edited by OwenBrooks